Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southgate
I like the guy a lot. Have lost interest in England over the last 10 years or so but he is helping to rekindle it. For his sake I hope they do well.
Should have taken Sessegnon. A right footed LWB like Young won't open teams up as he's forever checking back to cross with his right peg.
Paul Merson is better.
(06-12-2018, 11:24 AM)Legend Wrote: One of the best England managers ever. Very impressed with the way he talks, the way he's set the team up and his selection policy.

Top bloke and a top manager. I predict a very successful World Cup campaign.

Fucking hilarious mate!
(06-12-2018, 05:08 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I like the guy a lot. Have lost interest in England over the last 10 years or so but he is helping to rekindle it. For his sake I hope they do well.

Comes across well. As a manager, got to judge him in the final stages - like his recent predecessors. 

Anything less than QF is failure IMO - anything more is outstanding. Last 8 would be reasonable
(06-12-2018, 05:08 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote: I like the guy a lot. Have lost interest in England over the last 10 years or so but he is helping to rekindle it. For his sake I hope they do well.

Same here Sol. I fugged them off during the Sven years. The so-called Golden Generation. You never saw him at matches outside of Manchester, London and Madrid. Chose only players with reputations. Those that came after him did little to enthuse me. At least Southgate seems to be picking players on merit.
(06-12-2018, 11:03 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Same here Sol. I fugged them off during the Sven years. The so-called Golden Generation. You never saw him at matches outside of Manchester, London and Madrid. Chose only players with reputations. Those that came after him did little to enthuse me. At least Southgate seems to be picking players on merit.

Sven was a turning point for me. Football fans and media queued up to pile praise on his head, his wages were outrageous and he failed completely to achieve anything with the hugely talented players at his disposal. A con man of Pardew proportions. His squad selection for the 2006 World Cup (Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Walcott, if you recall) was worthy of instant dismissal. At least Southgate is a proper football man. Good luck to him and the boys.

On a more serious note, who is this Legend fellow, and does he think he's being clever with these pathetic posts?
southgate is approaching a very tricky job very well. He's not pandering to anyone. he's looking to youth for the answer. no great expectations, but at the same time the younger players will be hungry to perform. Good man.
(06-13-2018, 07:15 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 11:03 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:

Sven was a turning point for me. Football fans and media queued up to pile praise on his head, his wages were outrageous and he failed completely to achieve anything with the hugely talented players at his disposal. A con man of Pardew proportions. His squad selection for the 2006 World Cup (Rooney, Owen, Crouch, Walcott, if you recall) was worthy of instant dismissal. At least Southgate is a proper football man. Good luck to him and the boys.

On a more serious note, who is this Legend fellow, and does he think he's being clever with these pathetic posts?
Very obviously a former poster. My guess is  Nick.
(06-13-2018, 07:15 AM)Cheshire East Baggie Wrote: On a more serious note, who is this Legend fellow, and does he think he's being clever with these pathetic posts?

Legend appeared when Nick got canned, he has since denied he's Nick but is clearly on the wind up. You've been around long enough to know that dingles appear when they have won a couple of games so I suspect that's where this emanates from. Either that or it's some disgruntled ex-poster, and there's enough of them around, that gets some kind of satisfaction from getting 'bites' after ridiculous posts.