Our only hope - sell Johnstone tomorrow
If we are even going to try to stay up then our only hope is to sell Johnstone tomorrow to raise cash to at least give us a chance of signing 3/4 players

If not, then let’s just part company now with Sam.  No point in him being here. 
I
(01-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: If we are even going to try to stay up then our only hope is to sell Johnstone tomorrow to raise cash to at least give us a chance of signing 3/4 players

I

We're not going to buy anyone, with or without selling SJ.
And we have no hope.
(01-26-2021, 09:34 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: If we are even going to try to stay up then our only hope is to sell Johnstone tomorrow to raise cash to at least give us a chance of signing 3/4 players

I

Hey! Johnstone could be the next Hegazi! Sell him and trouser the dish.
Fuck Sam off.

Bring in a young coach with a view to getting us up and save what pathetic pittance we do have for a rebuild next season.

Don’t waste money on has beens and foreigners that will be gone at seasons end anyway.
(01-26-2021, 09:45 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Fuck Sam off.

Bring in a young coach with a view to getting us up and save what pathetic pittance we do have for a rebuild next season.

Don’t waste money on has beens and foreigners that will be gone at seasons end anyway.

Won't happen.
(01-26-2021, 09:45 PM)Dumbo Wrote: Fuck Sam off.

+1. I said the same before Sam even signed. Should have tried to tempt Appy away when Slav left and told him he had a free hit and to access the squad ahead of next season.

I very much doubt he will want the job come the summer. I'd imagine Lincoln will want decent compo which will rule us out.
Allardyce has an excellent record with clubs like us. The difference is those other clubs gave him money to spend and help them stay up. We're left scrambling around looking at Aldi's reduced meat section that's 3 days out of date.
(01-26-2021, 09:54 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Allardyce has an excellent record with clubs like us. The difference is those other clubs gave him money to spend and help them stay up.

Correct.

As I've said, given what we've seen so far, what was the point?
The whole get a young manager and build for next season idea never works. Derby, Sunderland and Huddersfield tried it and struggled. We need to go down and start afresh with a manager who isn't on a massive losing streak. It probably won't work anyway but still, I'd give that a go.