MOTD highlights of last nights game
Laughable. Can only assume the editor a Hammers fan.
(01-20-2021, 11:41 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Laughable. Can only assume the editor a Hammers fan.
I only saw what was on MOTD, and even from that you carved out some great chances, IMO a draw would have been a fair score, and a greatly needed point. But these points will come I'm sure. Every time you give that effort and desire it breeds confidence through the squad. COYBaggies.
I didn't bother. Instead I treated myself to last Saturday's MOTD, a far better edition I thought.
(01-21-2021, 02:40 PM)SURPS Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 11:41 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Laughable. Can only assume the editor a Hammers fan.
I only saw what was on MOTD, and even from that you carved out some great chances, IMO a draw would have been a fair score, and a greatly needed point. But these points will come I'm sure. Every time you give that effort and desire it breeds confidence through the squad. COYBaggies.

Not sure a draw would have necessarily been fair. They played much better than we did.
(01-21-2021, 05:27 PM)Fido Wrote:

Not sure a draw would have necessarily been fair. They played much better than we did.

I wouldn't say they were much better than us. I don't think a draw would have been that unfair.

I think had Antonio been wearing blue and white stripes, we may even have won that game. Considering he was used as a winger until a couple of seasons ago, it's amazing how well he plays the lone striker role.

Disagree. Thought it was an even game. A draw was fair imo.
(01-21-2021, 05:45 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

I wouldn't say they were much better than us. I don't think a draw would have been that unfair.

I think had Antonio been wearing blue and white stripes, we may even have won that game. Considering he was used as a winger until a couple of seasons ago, it's amazing how well he plays the lone striker role.

I remember Pulis liked both Phillips and Antonio. Not sure if we ever followed up
interest in Antonio tho
(01-21-2021, 05:48 PM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(01-21-2021, 05:45 PM)ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:

I remember Pulis liked both Phillips and Antonio. Not sure if we ever followed up
interest in Antonio tho

Yes I remember that.

Antonio is a class act. We probably penny-pinched.

Great player.

What's on the menu tonight, Ziz?
Super_Slav Wrote:
ElbowGrease1973 Wrote:
Fido Wrote:
SURPS Wrote:
Cunninghamismagic Wrote:Laughable. Can only assume the editor a Hammers fan.

interest in Antonio tho

I thought it was reported as a pretty much done deal. (Antonio). Then West Ham became interested and while we were still counting out the coppers....
There's a huge amount of hindsight in this one. I remember a lot of complaints on here when it looked like we might sign him from Forest. Many saying we needed to do better than signing "Chumpionship shite".