The police can’t have their cake and eat it
(01-20-2021, 01:57 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:47 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:43 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:42 PM)Baggy Bruin Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 12:25 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: They are being raised up the queue for vaccine. They will be even more overbearing then.

That will take some doing!
It just means that 50 of them can jump on you and arrest you for doing 33 in a 30, without fear of catching Covid.

Shouldn’t be speeding then, should you?

Actually they wouldn't do anything about you doing 33 in a 30 as that is under the tolerance of 10% + 2

Just done a `Speed Awareness Course`( I didn`t pursue my argument that the camera was inaccurate, I was doing 41 not 33 on a main road at 10 PM with no other traffic around) Apparently, the figures you quote are `guidelines`, some police go by them, some don`t.
(01-20-2021, 12:25 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: They are being raised up the queue for vaccine. They will be even more overbearing then.

It just means that 50 of them can jump on you and arrest you for doing 33 in a 30, without fear of catching Covid.

Actually they wouldn't do anything about you doing 33 in a 30 as that is under the tolerance of 10% + 2

Not the case anymore, Massy. I was done on a mobile camera doing 34mph in a 30 zone last summer. £100 fine and 3 points on my license, as I’d attended a speed awareness course (for 36 in a 30) two years prior.

I was particularly miffed about the recent one, as I’d slowed down to just over 20mph to glance over to the village shop which had racks of plants outside (Mrs S was after some, don’t ask), and in doing so needed to get back up to speed so as not to slow any traffic coming up behind me. I couldn’t have been over 30mph for more than 5 seconds when the traffic cop got me.
The outskirts of Kidderminster are definitely a place to err on the side of caution, particularly the short stretch of the A449 between Broadwaters and the junction for Wolverley/Churchill - cameras in both directions, not much discretion.

Also, the stretch of the A451 between Broadwaters and Hurcott Lane, where there is frequently a van just where the limit drops abruptly from 50 to 30. A few other 'hot spots' around the area as well.
(01-20-2021, 02:28 PM)Ossian Wrote: The outskirts of Kidderminster are definitely a place to err on the side of caution, particularly the short stretch of the A449 between Broadwaters and the junction for Wolverley/Churchill - cameras in both directions, not much discretion.

Also, the stretch of the A451 between Broadwaters and Hurcott Lane, where there is frequently a van just where the limit drops abruptly from 50 to 30. A few other 'hot spots' around the area as well.

I got done by Broadwaters, the ex copper doing the virtual speed awareness course said that I was probably not endangering anyone at 10 PM, but the camera would be set to catch people going over 30, and that West Mercia police prosecute anyone over the limit. Only speeding ticket I have had in over 35 years driving.
I do hope West Midlands Police's new Football Hate Crime Officer and Assistant Director for Fairness & Belonging stick to the rules, otherwise they might come in for even more ridicule.

This is only a guideline, and I believe that the Chief Nazi from West Mercia is in favour of a zero tolerance approach.
I just did the Speed Awareness Course, got caught doing 34 in a 30 on the Queensway in Trench, near Telford. Tiny little camera hidden in some bushes squeezed between a 50mph and national speed limit section. Bit mean to put it there, but my own fault I guess (I wasn't familiar with the road layout having switched business premises a month or two prior).

My biggest surprise was that I wasn't going faster, as I was routinely late picking up the little cunts ones. But course was great online TBF; didn't even have to leave the sofa and only took a couple of hours, and also saved having to drive down to Brierley Hill or somewhere else equally minging.
Due to traffic on the M6 I arrived late at my last speed awareness course in Stafford a decade ago.

When the course leader pointed this out I asked whether he'd have preferred me to break the speed limit in an attempt to get there on time.
(01-20-2021, 03:16 PM)Protheroe Wrote: Due to traffic on the M6 I arrived late at my last speed awareness course in Stafford a decade ago.

When the course leader pointed this out I asked whether he'd have preferred me to break the speed limit in an attempt to get there on time.

Did he tell you not to answer him back, talk to you like you were 3 years old, and proceed to beat you with a stick whilst his mates were laughing? And then proceed to destroy the evidence by claiming his body cam was switched off?
Mrs Ministry, a senior cancer nurse, got done rushing to a patient who was terminally ill. At the speed awareness course, the d...head doing it said `I bet you won`t do that again`, and was surprised when she said that yes, she would.