Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rondon - "Thank you, Baggies, for always being with us."
(05-16-2018, 11:40 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 11:22 AM)Black Penny Wrote: Rather a keeper for me, but if he wants to go and the price is right.
Go get Bradley Dack from Blackburn for half Rondon's Value - he knows where the goal posts are.

If rumours r.e. Derby getting rid of Vydra are correct then he is one worth chasing. Top scorer in the Champ last season and may be available at a decent price as Derby look to cut costs.

I liked Vydra and thought we were too hasty in not taking up the option to buy - by all accounts it was only a couple of million. He's a very good finisher and his goals to minutes/chances ratio this season was outrageous. 

For the right price he'd improve our forward line. Imagine his wages are ridiculous if Derby are looking to move him on ahead of their army of Championship standard strikers.
(05-16-2018, 12:00 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote: Sounds like another rat deserting.
Would have been good at Chump level and will have to be replaced as it would leave us with just J-Rod as a striker !

If someone meets the agreed release clause and he agrees to join them then he has fulfilled his contract. 

If he leaves he will obviously be replaced, but if he and J-Rod stay I think we'll add to the strikers anyway.

(05-16-2018, 12:16 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:
Would have been good at Chump level and will have to be replaced as it would leave us with just J-Rod as a striker !

And HRK! Facts!

We have 3 right wingers making the squad unbalanced so we should look to convert one of them to a striker - Burke and Leko have lightning pace which will frighten the chump.

(05-16-2018, 02:06 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 01:10 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 12:16 PM)SausEggBagel Wrote:

And HRK! Facts!

Please no!
Purposely discounting him as he should not be anywhere near the place come start if next season !

If no one wants to buy him, he's under contract so won't go anywhere.

Turkey.
(05-16-2018, 11:52 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 11:45 AM)Black Penny Wrote: We did have him on a season loan - played quite a few games & sub appearances - managed a couple of goals. May help us get up, but don't see him as a 20 goal a season man in the PL. Plenty about worse - depends on the price assume he would be 10 mil in this day and age.

We aren't in the PL next season. If we get the rumoured £16m for Rondon and spend £10-12m of it on someone known to score goals in the Championship then it makes sense to me. Similar to what Newcastle did with Dwight Gayle, who is another we should be looking at if Newcastle wish to offload.

You don't write for HITC do you?  Big Grin

Gayle and Vydra
I reckon he will stay. He loves the club.
(05-16-2018, 09:07 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 11:52 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 11:45 AM)Black Penny Wrote: We did have him on a season loan - played quite a few games & sub appearances - managed a couple of goals. May help us get up, but don't see him as a 20 goal a season man in the PL. Plenty about worse - depends on the price assume he would be 10 mil in this day and age.

We aren't in the PL next season. If we get the rumoured £16m for Rondon and spend £10-12m of it on someone known to score goals in the Championship then it makes sense to me. Similar to what Newcastle did with Dwight Gayle, who is another we should be looking at if Newcastle wish to offload.

You don't write for HITC do you?  Big Grin

Gayle and Vydra

Interesting ? - not me my writing skills are limited. Big Grin