Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rondon - "Thank you, Baggies, for always being with us."
(05-16-2018, 10:52 AM)MGalea Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:34 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:31 AM)MGalea Wrote: He was never going to stay with us in the Champ and he's got a release clause that will make at least 12 teams in the Prem (that's before the rest of Europe) get involved.

Shame as he would have loved it in the Champ and I'd imagine he could score about 20.

Are the goals bigger in the Champ?

Nope but there are more mistakes from the defenders and he'd get his confidence back quite quickly I reckon.

More mistakes mean more time to think, which is what he’s always struggled with. Most of his goals are instinctive - headers, volleys, tap ins. Give him more than a second to think about what he needs to do and usually he fucks it up.
16 Million + for a non scoring centre forward
and there will be a queue for his services , football's gone mad
rewind to Marc Antoine Fortune , hard working no end product.

We really must try to find a centre forward who can put the ball in the net.
(05-16-2018, 11:09 AM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: 16 Million + for a non scoring centre forward
and there will be a queue for his services , football's gone mad
rewind to Marc Antoine Fortune , hard working no end product.

We really must try to find a centre forward who can put the ball in the net.

Bit harsh on MAF there mon, he was brilliant for us in his first spell and under Roy.

£16m for Rondon though, I know transfer fees have gone mad but I think that's an overvaluation. If someone is willing to pay that though then more fool them.
saw somewhere Cardiff were linked.
Rather a keeper for me, but if he wants to go and the price is right.
Go get Bradley Dack from Blackburn for half Rondon's Value - he knows where the goal posts are.
(05-16-2018, 11:22 AM)Black Penny Wrote: Rather a keeper for me, but if he wants to go and the price is right.
Go get Bradley Dack from Blackburn for half Rondon's Value - he knows where the goal posts are.

He knows where the goals are but he is wide midfielders. Nothing like Rondon.
(05-16-2018, 10:57 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:52 AM)MGalea Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:34 AM)Duffmon Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 10:31 AM)MGalea Wrote: He was never going to stay with us in the Champ and he's got a release clause that will make at least 12 teams in the Prem (that's before the rest of Europe) get involved.

Shame as he would have loved it in the Champ and I'd imagine he could score about 20.

Are the goals bigger in the Champ?

Nope but there are more mistakes from the defenders and he'd get his confidence back quite quickly I reckon.

More mistakes mean more time to think, which is what he’s always struggled with. Most of his goals are instinctive - headers, volleys, tap ins. Give him more than a second to think about what he needs to do and usually he fucks it up.

+1.
(05-16-2018, 11:34 AM)B37Baggie Wrote:
(05-16-2018, 11:22 AM)Black Penny Wrote: Rather a keeper for me, but if he wants to go and the price is right.

He knows where the goals are but he is wide midfielders. Nothing like Rondon.

I know that thanks, but I would play him up front.

If rumours r.e. Derby getting rid of Vydra are correct then he is one worth chasing. Top scorer in the Champ last season and may be available at a decent price as Derby look to cut costs.
(05-16-2018, 11:40 AM)Ted Maul Wrote:

If rumours r.e. Derby getting rid of Vydra are correct then he is one worth chasing. Top scorer in the Champ last season and may be available at a decent price as Derby look to cut costs.

We did have him on a season loan - played quite a few games & sub appearances - managed a couple of goals. May help us get up, but don't see him as a 20 goal a season man in the PL. Plenty about worse - depends on the price assume he would be 10 mil in this day and age.