On a lighter note.
Mine came from a 1/2 Baggies family (other half rivals of ours), but both sides of her family are\were the sort that rarely attended and hadn't for years, the BIL a Blue Nose who also rarely attended. I think the Blue Nose thing was just to rebel!

Since we got together she attended quite a few games and several without me as I'd go with mates and she'd go with other members of my family, we did do a few away games together. I think she's been once (Cardiff away) since the kids were born and eldest is 18!

Works for me, I much prefer a few hours "off".
滚开赖
One of my previous partners was from a Wolves family, and it was in the couple of seasons before Meggo took over, so they were the better team. I tried to have 'genuine' football fan chats with her Dad, but he was a bit of a twat. If I'd stayed with her, I think we'd have ended up falling out over the footy.

My wife's family are all Baggies fans too, and the dynamics work much better! She used to go up to the Shrine once a season with her old man, generally one of the games over Christmas.

I've only taken her to one game, which was the Fulham home game when we reached the 'Promised Land'. She was a little surprised about how vocal I was, and also commented about how bored she was, so that as they say, was that.
I am lucky my wife loves football just as much, sometimes more than me. So I never get complaints about boredom, we'll sit there watching some game from another country with no idea what league it is at times.

Couldn't be with someone who had no interest in football tbh, tried before and failed.
(01-14-2021, 04:31 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I am lucky my wife loves football just as much, sometimes more than me. So I never get complaints about boredom, we'll sit there watching some game from another country with no idea what league it is at times.

Couldn't be with someone who had no interest in football tbh, tried before and failed.

I used to think it was a shame that my wife & I couldn't enjoy a football game together, but it doesn't bother me at all now.

My Mom absolutely loves football, and my Dad's less bothered about it now, as our plight depresses him! He was following us in the 60's when we obviously had some great teams. It's reached the point where I talk more with my Mom about football, and the Albion, than I do my Dad.
No way my wife would come to football or even watch it on the telly no interest
in it what's so ever, suits me down to ground, football should be a lads day?
We met soon after we left school and were both into Albion in a big way but she went with her mates amd i went with mine , however the first games we went to together were the cup games against Leeds when Joe Jordon trod all over John Wiles chest .i know its going back a bit but i loved those days n nights .
I took my wife to a game we beat Fulham 1-0 in 2002. She hated it as we were among the Smethwick End nutters. When the kids were young she came along to a couple of games. However, as my daughter has no interest it’s just me and my lad who go along occasionally.
It’s a year next month since we were all there. Incredible.
Mine isn't particularly fond of Football and prefers watching Rugby and Cricket - particularly strange considering she's a Hun!  Huh

She does enjoy the matches though on the very rare occasion when we go up and did take me to see VFB Stuttgart which put our stadium and fans in the shade!!
Albion 0 Liverpool 6 ( Owen 4 & Baros 2 )

she still goes up with me sometimes and even saw us win once
One game in 34 years-0-0 vs Fulham when our youngest was a mascot. She wasn't enthalled.