3 potential bidders for the club?
(Yesterday, 02:33 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(Yesterday, 02:21 PM)The liquidator Wrote: If my auntie had bollocks she would  be my uncle.
He wants to sell he is going to so will just have to wait and see.

What about if your uncle was a trannie?

His name is benny
(Yesterday, 02:01 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:57 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Is it just me who liked being a self sustaining club?

We'll never be a free spending club. I loved seeing how well we did under Peace with Ashworth. Dowling gets a bad press, but he's been trying to run on similar principles.

We're far more likely to end up a Bolton than Leicester.

No i like it too. Much rather be self sustaining than reliant on someone elses money tap, which can be turned off at anytime and leave you high and dry.

(Yesterday, 02:09 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I've said constantly, Lai is far from the worst. Look from his point of view, he realises now that he overpaid. He appointed some suits recommended by our previous owner that turned out to be totally inept. He brought Jenkins back and achieved a promotion, unfortunately Jenkins is  too wealthy need the challenge of a first season in the Prem in the middle of a pandemic. He kept the squad together to have a tilt at promotion and when that failed he sponsored a Championship rebuild.
His failure is in his distance. Peace often said he didn't understand football so he got people in who did and delegated. Lai has not had success at this, he was badly advised into employing Williams, keeping Pulis too long, appointing and then keeping Pardew on, and our transfer policy has no clear aim. We've been at least one centre forward short, probably two, for ages. As these are expensive, we've spent our money elsewhere in the hope it won't matter. Lai doesn't communicate, probably because he is fed bullshit by those he employs and actually simply cannot expand on the self sustaining policy as no one wants to hear it. We're all too busy looking at villa and the dings chucking money around to want to listen to common sense. Modern football is not really sport, if it was, we wouldn't look so bad in comparison.
I have an awful feeling we are going to be looking at a succession of Arthur Daleys and Del Trotters for the next few months and kidding ourselves they are the new Abramovich.

I agree with all of these points. A self-sustaining club is something to be. Half of the howling is because of the Dingles and Seals. People complain that Lai is distant, he could be as chatty as he wanted, he'd be getting dog's abuse unless he put his hand in his pocket.
(Yesterday, 01:57 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Is it just me who liked being a self sustaining club?

We'll never be a free spending club. I loved seeing how well we did under Peace with Ashworth. Dowling gets a bad press, but he's been trying to run on similar principles.

I am perfectly happy for us to be sustainable, the main thing is getting a vision to move us forward and actually have us act like the size of club we are but we haven't had the people under Lai to do that. I am very wary of asset strippers or dodgy cash coming in and screwing things up and I certainly don't want us to be taken over by something like the Saudis.

I do think that not covering Covid losses has been a big problem though, it's incredibly difficult to be sustainable with the hit to the finances in football that have happened.
(Yesterday, 04:34 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

I am perfectly happy for us to be sustainable, the main thing is getting a vision to move us forward and actually have us act like the size of club we are but we haven't had the people under Lai to do that. I am very wary of asset strippers or dodgy cash coming in and screwing things up and I certainly don't want us to be taken over by something like the Saudis.

I do think that not covering Covid losses has been a big problem though, it's incredibly difficult to be sustainable with the hit to the finances in football that have happened.

+1 but it means the owners getting the right people who know about football in the key positions like recruitment, director of football etc otherwise we've got little chance of sustaining Prem football with limited resources
(Yesterday, 05:35 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(Yesterday, 04:34 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

+1 but it means the owners getting the right people who know about football in the key positions like recruitment, director of football etc otherwise we've got little chance of sustaining Prem football with limited resources

Quite
When we were finishing 10-14th on average in the Prem I did say that’s the best we are going to achieve as a self sufficient club. The talk about next levels and fucking clever marketing was absolute oss shit. Unless the new owner has a vision for transforming the area around the ground into say an entertainment centre to generate additional funding for example there is no way we are going to be anything but a bottom half Prem top half Champ club at best. Our fan base who can be arsed to turn up to matches is no better than thirty odd clubs so imo no matter who we have as DoF or Manager should be judged on simply finishing comfortably in mid-table in Prem. 

I used to get excited by the talk of new owners rocking up and splashing millions on us but the chances are we shall end up with another owner at best who wants to build slowly and within our means. At worst run the club into the ground.
(01-13-2021, 10:49 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Mark Campbell fella being linked sounds like someone we should be steering well clear of.

He’s been linked scattergun style to lots of different clubs, owns a property company with no assets in NYC registered in a little office block in Sidcup and has a bankruptcy to his name from when his pub went under in 2010 and sexual harassment accusations...

My concern is that Lai will sell to anyone who fronts him cash, with zero fucks given about how that money is raised.

He couldn’t raise the dough to buy fucking Falkirk so I’d say he’ll struggle to find Lai’s 200m.
I think our choices are clear, get owned by an ultra rich sugar daddy, i dont get care if they are Saudis or not, or become the next Sunderland