3 potential bidders for the club?
(01-13-2021, 10:53 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 10:49 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: The Mark Campbell fella being linked sounds like someone we should be steering well clear of.

He’s been linked scattergun style to lots of different clubs, owns a property company with no assets in NYC registered in a little office block in Sidcup and has a bankruptcy to his name from when his pub went under in 2010 and sexual harassment accusations...

My concern is that Lai will sell to anyone who fronts him cash, with zero fucks given about how that money is raised.

All that different from JRP??

I agree about Campbell. It has an ego trip in a "phoney Tony" kind of way all over it.

JRP sold the club the Chinese version of himself to be fair
Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
SW4Baggie Wrote:The Mark Campbell fella being linked sounds like someone we should be steering well clear of.

He’s been linked scattergun style to lots of different clubs, owns a property company with no assets in NYC registered in a little office block in Sidcup and has a bankruptcy to his name from when his pub went under in 2010 and sexual harassment accusations...

My concern is that Lai will sell to anyone who fronts him cash, with zero fucks given about how that money is raised.

All that different from JRP??

I agree about Campbell. It has an ego trip in a "phoney Tony" kind of way all over it.

Dunno about that. For a time, what was good for Albion was good for Jeremy. When he sold us it was to someone that has at least been true to his word and left us self sustaining. I fear change, there are a thousand and one Bhatti Brothers to every Jack Hatwood.
I hope we stay clear off this Mark Campbell guy. Looks dodgy
(01-14-2021, 08:39 AM)Madness Wrote: I hope we stay clear off this Mark Campbell guy. Looks dodgy

I think he will promise the earth and deliver fuck all.

And he looks like Swiss Toni
(01-14-2021, 08:41 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:39 AM)Madness Wrote: I hope we stay clear off this Mark Campbell guy. Looks dodgy

Coffees quite foul Paul. Let her go.... let her go
Lots of rejoicing on social media about the club potentially being sold as if any sale is better than the current owner - as most on this board know that’s not true

Anyone with basic knowledge of football finance knows things could get worse if we end up in the wrong hands

Current owner not fit for purpose but we’ve just broken our transfer record twice and committed far more money on signings than for any other previous promotion

As I keep saying our current issues are a lot about questionable football decisions, & poor recruitment ...we’ve some how managed to get promoted but end up with a weaker squad than last season
(01-14-2021, 08:49 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:

[Image: swiss-toni.jpg]
Difficult to assess without knowing any real details as we don’t really know what plans any suitors might have for the Club.
Wish we could just get the current owners out and replaced with a sound enthusiastic owner who has decent funds and will be willing to invest both on and off the pitch. Someone with genuine measured ambition to move us on to the next level.
Might even get the Halfords tier done !!!!!!!!!!!!! (** runs for cover **)
(01-14-2021, 10:54 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:49 AM)MancBaggie Wrote:

[Image: swiss-toni.jpg]
[Image: mark_campbell.0.jpg]

Running a football club is very much like making love to a beautiful woman...