Derby County...
It was reported at the end of December, that they were struggling to pay the players wages.
Takeover agreed, but no sign of the cash.

Players have to be paid, or can walk after 14 days.

Talk of Administration
(01-13-2021, 09:52 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(01-13-2021, 09:50 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Lots of reports suggesting theyre days away from administration, and are taking out more and more loans to stay afloat.

Throwing millions of pounds at average players and paying Rooney over £100k/wk in the Championship, who’d have thought that could possibly go wrong.

Even with their dodgy ground sale they’ve managed to burn through millions.

No doubt some other deluded tit will come along to bankroll them.

Has that takeover fallen through?

I listen to the Second Tier podcast. One of the presenters is a Derby fan.

Apparently the "takeover is going to happen this week" has been going on for a few months now.
I thought the gambling company was paying Rooney's wages? Unless they ditched it when he became manager?

Either way, I feckin dislike them a lot, so they can feck off.
(01-14-2021, 04:22 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I thought the gambling company was paying Rooney's wages? Unless they ditched it when he became manager?

I remember having to get the tram back into Brum with my kids when we lost to them in the cup a few years back having battered them. My daughter was traumatised by these inbreeds.
The fact I have an incredibly obnoxious relation who lives there and has kind of adopted them as his second club adds to my dislike of them.
I don't have an issue with Derby, even if there's been a few hairy moments when we've played them at the Baseball Ground, and more recently Pride Park. I've had a few top nights out in Derby, and the natives have always been pretty friendly when I've chatted to them in the pubs & clubs.

I think the wider issue here will be the amount of clubs that will follow Derby into administration due to the unprecedented times we're in. Lower league teams rely heavily on gate receipts and money spent by supporters attending games. The set-up of the league could be very different when next season kicks-off.
(01-14-2021, 04:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 04:22 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I thought the gambling company was paying Rooney's wages? Unless they ditched it when he became manager?

I remember having to get the tram back into Brum with my kids when we lost to them in the cup a few years back having battered them. My daughter was traumatised by these inbreeds.
The fact I have an incredibly obnoxious relation who lives there and has kind of adopted them as his second club adds to my dislike of them.

Said it once, said it a million times....the fans of the East Mids teams are absolute twats.

Derby, Forest and Leicester. Full of cunts.
Worth making a cheeky bid for Sibley?

(01-14-2021, 04:51 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 04:26 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote:

Said it once, said it a million times....the fans of the East Mids teams are absolute twats.

Mansfield fans were also nobs when we played them a few years back
Borin' Baggie Wrote:Worth making a cheeky bid for Sibley?

Dumbo Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:
MassDebater Wrote:I thought the gambling company was paying Rooney's wages? Unless they ditched it when he became manager?

In the Ardiles season? I don't think I saw one!
(01-14-2021, 06:42 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
Borin' Baggie Wrote:Worth making a cheeky bid for Sibley?

Dumbo Wrote:
Spandaubaggie Wrote:
MassDebater Wrote:I thought the gambling company was paying Rooney's wages? Unless they ditched it when he became manager?

In the Ardiles season? I don't think I saw one!

The League Cup game under Big Dave. I'd question your definition of few!