Fitness help
Gyms and repetitive exercise bore the shite out of me so I'm a bit gutted that all the tennis courts were closed after starting up with it last year. The issue is that one arm gets more action that the other unless you even it out with other "pursuits".
(01-15-2021, 06:56 PM)Fido Wrote: Gyms and repetitive exercise bore the shite out of me so I'm a bit gutted that all the tennis courts were closed after starting up with it last year. The issue is that one arm gets more action that the other unless you even it out with other "pursuits".

I've heard that!!  Big Grin
I've lost about 9kg since summer having switched to resistance band training with a personal trainer in the park from weights with a PT  in the gym.   Had put a bit of bark on before that though in 1st lockdown tbf.

Was sceptical at first but if you get some advice to go with it it really works.  Must be some stuff on You Tube.  Has really improved my upper body strength and reduced body fat.

Amazon selling decent band sets at £32.99 

Hope this is useful
(01-15-2021, 07:16 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: I've lost about 9kg since summer having switched to resistance band training with a personal trainer in the park from weights with a PT  in the gym.   Had put a bit of bark on before that though in 1st lockdown tbf.

Was sceptical at first but if you get some advice to go with it it really works.  Must be some stuff on You Tube.  Has really improved my upper body strength and reduced body fat.

Hope this is useful

Funny you should mention that.

I was looking at that very same set on Amazon earlier today.

Tempted but wouldn't know quite what to do with them and are all the different bands really needed?

I have a mental picture of me lying on the floor, with devastation all around me, a crushed dog and the door off its hinges!
(01-15-2021, 07:22 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 07:16 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: I've lost about 9kg since summer having switched to resistance band training with a personal trainer in the park from weights with a PT  in the gym.   Had put a bit of bark on before that though in 1st lockdown tbf.

Hope this is useful

Funny you should mention that.

I was looking at that very same set on Amazon earlier today.

Tempted but wouldn't know quite what to do with them and are all the different bands really needed?

I have a mental picture of me lying on the floor, with devastation all around me, a crushed dog and the door off its hinges!

Really easy if you get decent advice.   I only have one band of each rating though (yellow, red, black, and recently purple)-can't see how you need multiple bands as you can combine them to get higher ratings.   I'm a bit reluctant to give specific advice as I'm literally following a personal trainer programme but if you're interested I'd be happy to ask my PT and get back to you via PM.
(01-15-2021, 06:53 PM)Solihull Throstle Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 05:56 PM)Offside Wrote: on a similar topic,  I want to resume running on a treadmill after a four year lay off. And my other half wants to use it for walking following a hip operation which was very successful.

I want a gym standard piece of kit, not a Meccano set off ebay ( showing my age).

We are happy to spend up to around two grand.  Anyone got any recommendations?

Aren't Pelaton doing one now?

If you have that much money to spend on a treadmill why don't you just take a run around your estate?  Big Grin

very tempting but the Gamekeeper may shoot me. 

Four years ago I joined a local gym and spent £120 per month for joint membership.  In  the next 14 months ( due to work and other family shit going on) I managed one swim.

So that cost £1680 for a swim that I used to get for a tanner at Rolfe St baths where I learned to swim  ( now in situ at the Black Country Museum).  

Incidentally we were so piss poor that  we used to go to Rolfe St Slipper Baths on a Sunday morning,  to have a proper bath once a week ( whether we needed it or not).   

I reckon a good running machine in the long departed ( thank fuck) kid's bedroom will be comparatively a good investment.    

This is quite impressive - try and get over he's a Tory

https://order-order.com/2021/01/14/tory-...-to-heart/