Charlie Austin...
(01-12-2021, 08:36 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Not been fit for 3 years

End of....

He had been fit last season we would have won the league by 10 points

70k a week, good fucking riddance

Cuzer

Smack bang on.
For £70k a week & £4m fee getting 5 or 6 goals in open play in a team that was top of the league (and had Pereira & Diangana etc in it) is the absolute minimum expectation

Got promoted almost in spite, not because of Austin. His finishes at Blues were brilliant, but there was very little else of note

Can be thankful that Kanu had couple of brilliant spells (& Robinson came in later on) that allowed us to flourish at times, despite consistently sub standard contributions from both Austin & Zahore
(01-12-2021, 11:28 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: For £70k a week & £4m fee getting 5 or 6 goals in open play in a team that was top of the league (and had Pereira & Diangana etc in it) is the absolute minimum expectation

Got promoted almost in spite, not because of Austin. His finishes at Blues were brilliant, but there was very little else of note

Can be thankful that Kanu had couple of brilliant spells (& Robinson came in later on) that allowed us to flourish at times, despite consistently sub standard contributions from both Austin & Zahore

Awful player - good riddance.

Reminds me of that bloke we had from Southampton who was also over the hill, too expensive and lacking ability.

Bye
I can't fault his effort (for the record) he was just woefully past it and unfit when we signed him

Gayle turning us down and 24 hours left in the window gave us little option, blame the global search, to go back for him

We owe HRK a hell of a lot last season yet to some he's the "go to" scapegoat

Imagine if we have a striker in our side last season, Leeds wouldn't have got near us - well pre Lockdown anyhow

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
When we were playing well last season the team was all about speed and movement. Even then Austin stuck out like a sore thumb.
On talksport in a minute. Could be quite revealing
(01-13-2021, 01:14 AM)Cuzer Wrote: I can't fault his effort (for the record) he was just woefully past it and unfit when we signed him

Gayle turning us down and 24 hours left in the window gave us little option, blame the global search, to go back for him

We owe HRK a hell of a lot last season yet to some he's the "go to" scapegoat

Imagine if we have a striker in our side last season, Leeds wouldn't have got near us - well pre Lockdown anyhow

Cuzer

Exactly.

I won't complain about HRK, played out of skin at times last season and was so key when really, he wasn't expected to be in the first team.
(01-13-2021, 09:33 AM)B36baggie Wrote: On talksport in a minute. Could be quite revealing

Anyone hear this?