Pereira Speaks
(01-12-2021, 07:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:57 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:15 PM)Sliced Wrote: Ronnie getting this wrong is very much the exception. Most could only dream of having such a success rate for "ITK information".

If he wants 50K or around that figure then we should give it to him. As I've said before Pereira in the Championship is like playing on easy mode

15k in the Champ is a decent salary, and at the moment Pereira has shown that he is nothing more than a very good Champ player. If he can get his delivery from set pieces right and stop screwing the final ball up he will certainly deserve more, but at present he’s not done anything to be worth more.

Just because we’re paying the likes of Livermore and Gibbs silly money (although they have years of PL experience and England caps...) doesn’t mean he’s automatically worth the same stupidity.

How much more likely are we to get promoted next season with Pereira in the squad vs without? It's off the charts.

I would go so far as to say at Champ level every other player is replaceable, Pereira isn't.

I get that, but once you give that salary to Pereira, everyone else starts to want parity or wage rises.

He signed a 5 year deal on those terms... if he gained weight, lost form, did a cruciate he wouldn’t be saying “maybe I’ll give £20k a week back as I don’t deserve it”

We should be doing what we can to keep him happy and reward him in line with what he’s worth, and currently he’s paid in line with that for me. If he pulls his finger out in the remaining games this season he gets more money.

Spot on. He's only worth the money if he puts in the effort. J-Rod was on something like that in Championship and I don't think anyone on here would say he wasn't worth that.

Will Pereira run around if we're relegated? Or will he sulk and stink the place out?
(01-12-2021, 07:31 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 07:08 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:57 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 06:15 PM)Sliced Wrote: Ronnie getting this wrong is very much the exception. Most could only dream of having such a success rate for "ITK information".

If he wants 50K or around that figure then we should give it to him. As I've said before Pereira in the Championship is like playing on easy mode

15k in the Champ is a decent salary, and at the moment Pereira has shown that he is nothing more than a very good Champ player. If he can get his delivery from set pieces right and stop screwing the final ball up he will certainly deserve more, but at present he’s not done anything to be worth more.

Just because we’re paying the likes of Livermore and Gibbs silly money (although they have years of PL experience and England caps...) doesn’t mean he’s automatically worth the same stupidity.

How much more likely are we to get promoted next season with Pereira in the squad vs without? It's off the charts.

I would go so far as to say at Champ level every other player is replaceable, Pereira isn't.

I get that, but once you give that salary to Pereira, everyone else starts to want parity or wage rises.

He signed a 5 year deal on those terms... if he gained weight, lost form, did a cruciate he wouldn’t be saying “maybe I’ll give £20k a week back as I don’t deserve it”

We should be doing what we can to keep him happy and reward him in line with what he’s worth, and currently he’s paid in line with that for me. If he pulls his finger out in the remaining games this season he gets more money.

That's fair, I just don't want to be in a position where we're floundering in the champ thinking "if only we had a Pereira".

With regards to other players wanting the same amount. He's our most valuable player, absolutely no doubt about it, regardless of whether he's been good or not this season. There's absolutely no chance we would have got promoted without him.