Choudhary
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)Olympic Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: My ambition is to make the most of the players we have available and in so doing pick up more than 0.5 points a game.

Allardyce is our manager, we have a load of fast and tricky wide players and big defenders, the weakest squad in the league and budget far smaller than anyone else in the division. 

Playing possession football around the edge of our own box doesn’t suit our manager, squad or finances.

Start Edwards and Phillips wide and drop Diangana, Robinson, Pereira and Krov. Can't wait.

Because that’s what Sam has done in games so far?

You’re right though, I thoroughly enjoyed the 9 goals we conceded at home to Arsenal and Leeds playing lovely football through Sawyers in the middle. At least our kick off from Leeds’ opener technically saw us retain possession
(Yesterday, 01:20 PM)Baggy Bruin Wrote:
(Yesterday, 12:14 PM)standitupbackstick Wrote: There's a good chance the following is holding up deals:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/...-contracts

It's Albion.

Any of our transfers will be held up because we've run out of Green Shield Stamps.

Big Grin Big Grin
(Yesterday, 01:57 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:52 PM)Olympic Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:43 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: My ambition is to make the most of the players we have available and in so doing pick up more than 0.5 points a game.

Allardyce is our manager, we have a load of fast and tricky wide players and big defenders, the weakest squad in the league and budget far smaller than anyone else in the division. 

Playing possession football around the edge of our own box doesn’t suit our manager, squad or finances.

Start Edwards and Phillips wide and drop Diangana, Robinson, Pereira and Krov. Can't wait.

Because that’s what Sam has done in games so far?

You’re right though, I thoroughly enjoyed the 9 goals we conceded at home to Arsenal and Leeds playing lovely football through Sawyers in the middle. At least our kick off from Leeds’ opener technically saw us retain possession

Makes you wonder why he'd play Sawyers in that position when it goes completely against his football ethos.
I have seen Field is training & in the photos. I would start him on Saturday all day long over Sawyers or Harper in a derby.
(Yesterday, 03:51 PM)B36baggie Wrote: I have seen Field is training & in the photos. I would start him on Saturday all day long over Sawyers or Harper in a derby.

Same.

Retains possession well, actually tackles and gets around the pitch.

I'm with Clem, Sawyers is one of the worst midfielders to ever play in the Premier League. Plenty of midfielders at this level pass as well as him and do so much more too.
(Yesterday, 03:51 PM)B36baggie Wrote: I have seen Field is training & in the photos. I would start him on Saturday all day long over Sawyers or Harper in a derby.

Agree.

Field has his limitations but he’s far more suited to how we will play than Sawyers. 

Sawyers may be OK alongside someone like Field or Choudoury, as we saw against City and Liverpool, using his ability to use the ball sensibly and playing him further up the field is OK, but expecting him to play that role is inevitably why we’ve seen so many spankings.
(Yesterday, 05:14 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Agree.

Field has his limitations but he’s far more suited to how we will play than Sawyers. 

Sawyers may be OK alongside someone like Field or Choudoury, as we saw against City and Liverpool, using his ability to use the ball sensibly and playing him further up the field is OK, but expecting him to play that role is inevitably why we’ve seen so many spankings.
I have debated that too SW4 but actually he is too slow in thought for this level and, for a number 10, his finishing is dire and actually he creates nothing. Simply not good enough.
(Yesterday, 05:17 PM)clem4england Wrote:

Agree.

I have debated that too SW4 but actually he is too slow in thought for this level and, for a number 10, his finishing is dire

His finishing is clinical when facing the wrong way.

+1
(Yesterday, 05:26 PM)hudds Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:17 PM)clem4england Wrote:

Agree.

I have debated that too SW4 but actually he is too slow in thought for this level and, for a number 10, his finishing is dire

His finishing is clinical when facing the wrong way.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin