Brexit gains.
Yes, loyalist paramilitaries withdrawing support is Brexit's fault because it's been caused by something that is solely to do with Brexit which is also a convenient rallying point within their communities.

What I would want to do is legalise weed and non-dangerous psychedelics like psilocybin and LSD to help reduce some of the power these gangs and other gangs in the UK have. But that isn't going to happen because Labour and the Tories put their fingers in their ears and go lalalalalalalala instead of applying common sense and reforming drug policy. What I do know is, based on the historical precedent over the last 60 years, is that these gangs will divert their supply chains away from Great Britain and continue to get drugs as prohibition doesn't work and making drugs illegal empowers gangs. Otherwise the end result will be the loyalists have withdrawn their support for the GFA, kids in the poor communities that are controlled by the old paras will become more radicalised, things won't get better as the cat is out of the bag now and the paramilitaries will continue to get their drugs once they have bought enough time.
It was the Storey funeral and the PSNI response to it which triggered the rioting. Not Brexit.

(04-10-2021, 11:49 PM)Squid Wrote: It was the Storey funeral and the PSNI response to it which triggered the rioting. Not Brexit.

It was the Northern Ireland protocol and the effect on drug supplies. Not the Bobby Storey funeral.

Do you honestly believe that something that happened last June has caused this, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary?
(04-11-2021, 12:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:
(04-10-2021, 11:49 PM)Squid Wrote: It was the Storey funeral and the PSNI response to it which triggered the rioting. Not Brexit.

It was the Northern Ireland protocol and the effect on drug supplies. Not the Bobby Storey funeral.

Do you honestly believe that something that happened last June has caused this, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary?

Take a look at this timeline. The decison not to prosecute any SF member relating to the funeral was only announced 30th March 2021. The riots commenced shortly afterwards. I don't think Brexit has helped, nor the ongoing political neglect of the Loyalist community, but the spark that lit the match was the decision not to prosecute SF members for the Storey funeral.
(04-11-2021, 12:01 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-11-2021, 12:31 AM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Take a look at this timeline. The decison not to prosecute any SF member relating to the funeral was only announced 30th March 2021. The riots commenced shortly afterwards. I don't think Brexit has helped, nor the ongoing political neglect of the Loyalist community, but the spark that lit the match was the decision not to prosecute SF members for the Storey funeral.

And on the 31st March the PPS announced it was reviewing the case using an independent third party. The case is still being looked at as a result, and the riots started in West Belfast started in April and were pushed by the UDA in South East Antrim as per the other links I posted above in response to their drug activity being disrupted.
It's a little old but to lighten the mood...