Brexit gains.
I'm not sure that continuing to ignore what I've said as it doesn't fit your narrative and proceeding to post an article by a noted far right commentator is a good look.

First note, the migrant crisis was caused by political instability and climate change, not the EU as Murray claims.

Second note, the German company that received a lot of EU support in development which Murray is referring to is BioNTech, which I'm not sure if you noticed but that was very successful.

Third note, Murray has completely ignored the funding given by the EU to the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca AB. Where do you think the money for the Belgian, Dutch and Italian plants came from?

Fourth note, contrary to Murray's assertion the likes of Malta and Hungary have been very successful in their own vaccination programmes, and Denmark is well on track to fully vaccinate (both doses) their population by the end of June. Meanwhile, Switzerland and Norway, despite being fully independent themselves of EU procurement, development and distribution of the vaccines have not been doing a stellar job.

Fifth note, the EU is not going after Hungary for their vaccine programme. In fact, Hungary has even just recently within the last week approved 2 more vaccines before the EMA. Murray has literally just made this up.

So yes, bullshit.
You actually posted that the migrant crisis was caused by "climate change". You actually did that.

Incredible.

Mind you, you also consider Douglas Murray to be "far right" and I have no idea where you get that from either. In 2008, Murray listed the cases of 27 writers, activists, politicians and artists – including Sir Salman Rushdie, Maryam Namazie and Anwar Shaikh, all three of whom had received death threats due to their criticism of Islam. Murray said that "Unless Muslims are allowed to discuss their religion without fear of attack there can be no chance of reform or genuine freedom of conscience within Islam."

If Murray is "Far Right" then what does that make Islamism?
Yes, in conjunction with political instability that you conveniently missed off. Unless you think the fact that the region of Syria that saw the largest population displacement was in the drought-affected rural north of the country is a magical coincidence.

Have you tried, you know, not selectively quoting me and engaging with the actual point?

As for Murray, his association with organisations like PragerU, his playing up to the crowd with his far right dogwhistling in his various contributions, his bizarre defences of the likes of Richard Spencer, Tommy Robinson and Marine Le Pen and his endorsement in the credence of "cultural Marxism" being a thing, itself rooted from the fucking Nazi party, and applying it to liberal social justice which is rooted from the works and beliefs of Adam Smith and John Stuart Mill. If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck then it's a duck. He's a neocon and neoconservativism is all about control and limitations of what should be universal rights based on prejudicial dislikes.

And, this may come as a surprise to you (which it shouldn't as you've acknowledged my previous condemnation of the likes of Saudi Arabia), but I also think political Islamism is a far right ideology.
Tick tock?

[Image: EyG1v0NWEAASq4O?format=jpg&name=small]
are they saying that all politicians are bullshitters?

well i never!
(04-04-2021, 12:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tick tock?

Interesting stuff.

A journalist often accused of taking a conservative position (small 'c' deliberate) exposing a supposedly left-leaning media organisation for protecting the reputation of a Tory prime minister. I actually think all of that adds up to a good thing, and a lesson to all of us in never getting your news from just one source.
(04-04-2021, 02:07 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(04-04-2021, 12:03 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Tick tock?

Interesting stuff.

A journalist often accused of taking a conservative position (small 'c' deliberate) exposing a supposedly left-leaning media organisation for protecting the reputation of a Tory prime minister. I actually think all of that adds up to a good thing, and a lesson to all of us in never getting your news from just one source.

Oborne has always had the balls to criticise his "side" whether that be the Tories or even his employer to be fair to him.
Oborne has been pointing out the elephant in the room with regards to client journalism currently infesting U.K. discourse for years.

The press aren’t alone there’s a letter recently sent to the speaker of the house by a number of MPs listing the lies / untruths / misdirections not addressed during debates including PMQs. If the job of the speaker is to not pick up on these then you have to question the point of the speaker in a modern democracy.
I see Northern Ireland are enjoying the benefits that Brexit brings
(04-08-2021, 06:28 PM)Loanee Wrote: I see Northern Ireland are enjoying the benefits that Brexit brings

Yes. This was an obvious one I predicted. The them and us thing moves to a new level. Them Europeans/Them Catholics etc etc.
Here's to a return to the 70s and buildings in flames and men in balaclavas firing rifles over coffins.