Brexit gains.
Being able to cut VAT to zero percent (though this is purely theoretical as it will never happen)

Being in control of farming subsidies (that's also theoretical though as the UK committment to replacing CAP parallels the EUs CAP scheme from 2022)
Duty Free travelling to and from Europe
(01-02-2021, 02:51 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Being able to cut VAT to zero percent (though this is purely theoretical as it will never happen)

Being in control of farming subsidies (that's also theoretical though as the UK committment to replacing CAP parallels the EUs CAP scheme from 2022)

There's actually several theoretical benefits I can think of and loads of marginal/niche benefits. But in context, no real "broad" benefits with a lot of added painful red tape and costs.
no VAT on tampons.
(01-02-2021, 03:16 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: Duty Free travelling to and from Europe

Marginal benefit in part and actually a loss, really.  Instead of switching to what had been the ROW duty-free allowances, the EU duty-paid rights for non-commercial purchases for cross-border travellers (at lower cost than the UK rates) will be commuted to duty-free but at reduced levels.

There will be a benefit in that the alcohol duty fraud (in beer and some New World Wine brands as "inward diversion fraud") should cease due to cessation of the intra-EU excise system which has a glitch exploited by fraudsters and replaced with border controls for alcohol as a "controlled goods".  I've told HMRC to re-write its relevant manuals/public notices.  Should be a "dividend" for the industry in easing off the onerous excesses imposed by HMRC on legtimate business.

There are loads of these "niche" things.
(01-02-2021, 02:06 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:55 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Love the banging on about fisherman. My current industry, wargaming is worth more to the economy than the environmentally cruel fishing industry.

So I don't see them as a win.

Absolutely agree, but it will held up as a benefit. Personally, I'm just relieved a deal was agreed that ensured no tariffs on goods. Living in Staffs, I think WTO would have been disastrous for manufacturing and farming and therefore the local economy.

What's the mix of farming local to you, Chase? I'm guessing dairy and beef production would be a substantial part, plus some arable. Sheep not so much?
Sheep mad, ewe, Oss.

It's not the actual ruminants I object to, it's more the environmental damage from uncontrolled grazing. Taxpayer funded damage at that.

It's not as if they're even a native species.
(01-02-2021, 03:48 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 02:06 PM)hudds Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:55 PM)Ossian Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:40 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 01:36 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Love the banging on about fisherman. My current industry, wargaming is worth more to the economy than the environmentally cruel fishing industry.

So I don't see them as a win.

Absolutely agree, but it will held up as a benefit. Personally, I'm just relieved a deal was agreed that ensured no tariffs on goods. Living in Staffs, I think WTO would have been disastrous for manufacturing and farming and therefore the local economy.

What's the mix of farming local to you, Chase? I'm guessing dairy and beef production would be a substantial part, plus some arable. Sheep not so much?
Sheep mad, ewe, Oss.

It's not the actual ruminants I object to, it's more the environmental damage from uncontrolled grazing. Taxpayer funded damage at that.

It's not as if they're even a native species.
True, but neither were the Normans...  bastard French.  Out of the E Ewe!
(01-02-2021, 03:18 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: no VAT on tampons.

Would have happened 3 years ago had we voted remain. So no, this isn't a gain.
There are a few c@@@s on here will save a few quid.

(01-02-2021, 04:21 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

You didn't move on nothing to see  Heart
(01-02-2021, 04:23 PM)The liquidator Wrote: There are a few c@@@s on here will save a few quid.

(01-02-2021, 04:21 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

You didn't move on nothing to see  Heart

Care to refute my point?