Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Old Trafford
(04-16-2018, 03:37 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:25 PM)P_K Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:16 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Our fans are more aggressive than most on this point

I really don't think we are, at all. If anything I've always thought we are too "polite" for lack of a better phrase.

Just as a point of interest, the only times I've not felt welcome on here were directly after we'd lost to you. This season when we finally managed a win over you, there was no problem at all.

FODTOatcake. Prick.
(04-16-2018, 01:53 PM)BoringBaggie Wrote: There were a few tourists in the away end yesterday, presumably because the away allocation went in general sale. Looked like they loved it and hopefully they have a soft spot for us now.

Personally if you're not being annoying then I don't care, it's when you start goading the people around you that the problem starts. And there were a fair few Chelsea fans last season who took it too far, and there were likely more who didn't kick up a fuss and weren't noticed.

There was a bloke and his missus sat near me at that game. Clearly Chelsea fans, reeked of money. He had a lovely designer jumper. Stood out a mile at the back of the Brummie. 

Reminded me of the time a Boro mate of mine took me with him to watch them in a play-off semi at Notts County. He picked me up straight from work and I was still in a suit. Queueing at the turnstiles, a Boro fan remarked to me "YOU'RE not a Boro fan!!".
(04-16-2018, 03:53 PM)wewerehereonce Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 01:16 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Our fans are more aggressive than most on this point

I really don't think we are, at all. If anything I've always thought we are too "polite" for lack of a better phrase.

Just as a point of interest, the only times I've not felt welcome on here were directly after we'd lost to you. This season when we finally managed a win over you, there was no problem at all.

FODTOatcake. Prick.

I suppose there's been the odd isolated incident as well.

(04-16-2018, 11:30 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:42 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Strange, as their away support is class.

Yeah but those 3-5k are the hard-core of their support. 

Half the 75k are just tourists/glory-hunters.  I bet half the cunts had never even heard of us or know where we're from. 

What a magnificent performance, fucked them good and proper yet again.  That's 3 times in 5 years!  Unbelievable. 

You could almost see it on Fergie's face as he recalled the horrors of the 5-5 'not little West Brom again - the cunts'.  Big Grin

I've been in the away Smethwick end with Man United supporters, when we played them in the League Cup in 2003. 

My business associate (a mancunian) bought tickets for the game (at a hefty premium) thinking it was hospitality, but it was just a seat in the Smethwick.

From the off it was clear I was a West Brom fan, and whilst I wasn't making it obvious by waving a scarf, we had some good craik with the Man U fans and we parted as friends. I can't see a Man U fan being made that welcome anywhere in our ground. We are amongst the worst in the country for singling out away fans, purely for who they are.

I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen. Too many narrow minded West Brom fans on this subject for me.

We're a relatively friendly bunch and rarely get trouble - compare us to Wolves or Blues as a set of fans.

We do have a thing about away fans in the home end though.  It shouldn't be done and if you do it - sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut.  I've personally done it at a few grounds and no one outside of who I was with would have known.

As for a neutral zone - the gentrification of football hasn't spread that far yet thankfully.  It's a them and us culture and what gives football grounds the atmosphere, the downside is that occasionally with certain clubs it creates trouble. 

As for your Chelsea friend - he deserved to be kicked out.  In the home end in a Chelsea top?  Nah.

Totally agree, why would anyone go into a home end with the oppositions colours on ?

Remember the Chelsea tools in the Brummie and East Stand giving it large and taking the p8ss when they scored - they got all they deserved for doing what they did.
Fecking neutral zone... deary me is this the clever marketing idea to fill the second tier? If football becomes akin to a trip to the theatre or cinema it ceases to be if any interest to me and I imagine thousands of others. Tribalism is part of what makes the game popular and why Rugby in comparison will be forever in its shadow audience wise.

Fulham one of the most pointless clubs in London.
(04-16-2018, 12:58 PM)Beano16 Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 12:40 PM)P_K Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: You would fit in well there, PK. It's for casual attendees.  Big Grin

Big Grin

Wouldn't go there if you paid me. Can't think of anything worse at a football match. But, each to their own ay it.

I was only able to attend because the two lads that I know who are MUFC season ticket holders did not want to
go, totally hacked off by Jose and his football and the lack of success.

Second in the premier and hacked off, all relative I suppose, but Christ how some react and expect, right now
second from bottom would be progress for me.

wow !!!!!!
(04-16-2018, 05:53 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 11:30 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:42 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Strange, as their away support is class.

Yeah but those 3-5k are the hard-core of their support. 

Half the 75k are just tourists/glory-hunters.  I bet half the cunts had never even heard of us or know where we're from. 

What a magnificent performance, fucked them good and proper yet again.  That's 3 times in 5 years!  Unbelievable. 

You could almost see it on Fergie's face as he recalled the horrors of the 5-5 'not little West Brom again - the cunts'.  Big Grin

I've been in the away Smethwick end with Man United supporters, when we played them in the League Cup in 2003. 

My business associate (a mancunian) bought tickets for the game (at a hefty premium) thinking it was hospitality, but it was just a seat in the Smethwick.

From the off it was clear I was a West Brom fan, and whilst I wasn't making it obvious by waving a scarf, we had some good craik with the Man U fans and we parted as friends. I can't see a Man U fan being made that welcome anywhere in our ground. We are amongst the worst in the country for singling out away fans, purely for who they are.

I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen. Too many narrow minded West Brom fans on this subject for me.

We're a relatively friendly bunch and rarely get trouble - compare us to Wolves or Blues as a set of fans.

We do have a thing about away fans in the home end though.  It shouldn't be done and if you do it - sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut.  I've personally done it at a few grounds and no one outside of who I was with would have known.

As for a neutral zone - the gentrification of football hasn't spread that far yet thankfully.  It's a them and us culture and what gives football grounds the atmosphere, the downside is that occasionally with certain clubs it creates trouble. 

As for your Chelsea friend - he deserved to be kicked out.  In the home end in a Chelsea top?  Nah.

Totally agree, why would anyone go into a home end with the oppositions colours on ?

Remember the Chelsea tools in the Brummie and East Stand giving it large and taking the p8ss when they scored - they got all they deserved for doing what they did.

In those circumstances I agree. The guy by me didn't celebrate or anything though. Can't see why the neanderthal by me wanted him ejected.
There were some Chelsea families by us in the Brummie who kept it on the lowdown.. The melee after they scored was fair doos as far as I'm concerned. I just wish half of them hadn't stayed behind blocking me in at the car park still celebrating in their expensive jumpers.
(04-16-2018, 05:52 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 03:53 PM)wewerehereonce Wrote:

FODTOatcake. Prick.

I suppose there's been the odd isolated incident as well.

Big Grin

(04-16-2018, 05:57 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Fecking neutral zone... deary me is this the clever marketing idea to fill the second tier? If football becomes akin to a trip to the theatre or cinema it ceases to be if any interest to me and I imagine thousands of others. Tribalism is part of what makes the game popular and why Rugby in comparison will be forever in its shadow audience wise.

Fulham one of the most pointless clubs in the Premier League next season.

Edited for you.  Big Grin
Bringing this thread full circle, some of the worst aggro involving interlopers at the Hawthorns was during the 5-5 against United. When their second went in you could see stewards scrambling all around the ground. One bloke at the front of the Smethwick jumped up to celebrate and got a right pasting. I had no sympathy to be honest; he was one of those who clearly knew the rules but decided to carry on anyway. There was another one sitting a few seats away from us and he turned pale – probably thought he'd be safe in a block close to the away fans. He disappeared at half-time.

I have mixed feelings about neutral zones. On the one hand, it makes sense to make provision for the interlopers and help avoid the sort of unsavoury incidents mentioned above. It also makes sense for the tourists, such as they might appear at our place. On the other hand, the crowds at football have been sedated to the point of flatlining so encouraging opposing fans to sit together and have a tea party is not going to improve matters.

From a fan engagement perspective, the ideal solution would be to introduce a neutral zone in one section of the ground and safe standing in another. That would allow the club to cater for the broadest range of benefits sought.