Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Old Trafford
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen

Fuck that right off!
Must admit, we do have a few who react like this if they sniff an away fan in the Brummie.

(04-16-2018, 11:43 AM)P_K Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen

Fuck that right off!

You would fit in well there, PK. It's for casual attendees.  Big Grin
(04-16-2018, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: You would fit in well there, PK. It's for casual attendees.  Big Grin

Big Grin

Wouldn't go there if you paid me. Can't think of anything worse at a football match. But, each to their own ay it.
I've sat in my seat in the Brummie next to mates supporting the opposition against Sunderland, Blackburn, Chelsea and Man U among others. People around me are fine and as my mates are respectful enough not to jump up when their teams scores or similar we've never had a single problem.

I think it's far more to do with the behaviour of the person in with the opponents fans than it is to do with us treating away fans differently at our place.
That 'Neutral' stand at Fulham just gets full of pissed up away fans

(04-16-2018, 11:43 AM)P_K Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen

Fuck that right off!

Clappers, neutral zones ?? While we're at it, lets replace the Bomber statue with a Wacko Jacko one
(04-16-2018, 12:40 PM)P_K Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 12:00 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: You would fit in well there, PK. It's for casual attendees.  Big Grin

Big Grin

Wouldn't go there if you paid me. Can't think of anything worse at a football match. But, each to their own ay it.

I was only able to attend because the two lads that I know who are MUFC season ticket holders did not want to
go, totally hacked off by Jose and his football and the lack of success.

Second in the premier and hacked off, all relative I suppose, but Christ how some react and expect, right now
second from bottom would be progress for me.
(04-16-2018, 11:35 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 11:30 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:56 AM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:47 AM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 10:42 AM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Strange, as their away support is class.

Yeah but those 3-5k are the hard-core of their support. 

Half the 75k are just tourists/glory-hunters.  I bet half the cunts had never even heard of us or know where we're from. 

What a magnificent performance, fucked them good and proper yet again.  That's 3 times in 5 years!  Unbelievable. 

You could almost see it on Fergie's face as he recalled the horrors of the 5-5 'not little West Brom again - the cunts'.  Big Grin

I've been in the away Smethwick end with Man United supporters, when we played them in the League Cup in 2003. 

My business associate (a mancunian) bought tickets for the game (at a hefty premium) thinking it was hospitality, but it was just a seat in the Smethwick.

From the off it was clear I was a West Brom fan, and whilst I wasn't making it obvious by waving a scarf, we had some good craik with the Man U fans and we parted as friends. I can't see a Man U fan being made that welcome anywhere in our ground. We are amongst the worst in the country for singling out away fans, purely for who they are.

I would like to see us introduce a neutral zone, like there is at Fulham, but sadly it will never happen. Too many narrow minded West Brom fans on this subject for me.

We're a relatively friendly bunch and rarely get trouble - compare us to Wolves or Blues as a set of fans.

We do have a thing about away fans in the home end though.  It shouldn't be done and if you do it - sit on your hands and keep your mouth shut.  I've personally done it at a few grounds and no one outside of who I was with would have known.

As for a neutral zone - the gentrification of football hasn't spread that far yet thankfully.  It's a them and us culture and what gives football grounds the atmosphere, the downside is that occasionally with certain clubs it creates trouble. 

As for your Chelsea friend - he deserved to be kicked out.  In the home end in a Chelsea top?  Nah.
Firstly - he wasn't my friend. Never met him before, or since.

Secondly there was a great sense of injustice from fellow baggies, and the "big mouthed tosser" who reported him was almost lynched on the way out - and rightly so.

The guy was minding his own business, and I'm ashamed that our fans always act in this way to quiet innocent fans. We are a fucking embarrassment. Compare this to Beanos experience yesterday. We aren't grown up, we are children in the playground on this subject.

That would happen in almost any ground, especially if a fan reports him. The way it's looked at is "prevention is better than the cure". If Chelsea had've scored and he'd started celebrating, it would have led to an incident and possibly a fight.

Some fans are very territorial when it comes to the home end. Not just Albion. I've had to speak to a group of Algerians to ascertain that they weren't away fans in the West Ham end. They'd just come to see Sofiane Fergouli. Even Saturday just gone, a Charlton fan turned up at The Valley wearing a green Wolfsburg shirt only to find Scunthorpe's away shirt is the same shade of green. He asked me if he'd be OK and I advised him to keep his jacket zipped up just in case.
Our fans are more aggressive than most on this point
(04-16-2018, 01:16 PM)Kit Kat chunky Wrote: Our fans are more aggressive than most

Seven words I never thought I'd see (in that order) on an Albion football forum.