Sunderland fans view.
Much was made by the thoughts of Newcastle and Everton fans on Big Sam.

Sunderland fans say he was the last manager who they truly felt was building something, he got the most out of every player, played some decent football and they were certainly much fitter and more disciplined under him.

Generally all say we've done the right thing here and if there is any chance to stay up, we probably will, it may be a few weeks before results start coming in, but we'll probably get an amazing run of form soon.
Fucking bump.

Fix coming soon I promise.
He could well build something given time, he's not entirely the hoofball merchant he is made out to be. In the short term, we don't need pretty we just need some results if we want to stay in this division. I'm not entirely sure I do...
In the form of his life.
I also am totally unbothered by being relegated... The only thing about it that concerns me is that Lai won't fuck off.

As for him building something, meh. Time will tell one way or another.
It's shitty to lose week in week out but relegation doesn't really worry me. What's evident is that those teams who go down are getting stronger in relation to the rest of the championship. We'll almost certainly win a lot of games next season. Then if we go up again probably lose a lot of games back in the Prem.

My love for Albion remains but my love for footy has wavered massively in the past four years or so
Sunderland fan I spoke (dad of one of the boys in my eldest football side) to said he did a good job and was popular
(12-24-2020, 11:52 AM)Sliced Wrote: It's shitty to lose week in week out but relegation doesn't really worry me. What's evident is that those teams who go down are getting stronger in relation to the rest of the championship. We'll almost certainly win a lot of games next season. Then if we go up again probably lose a lot of games back in the Prem.

My love for Albion remains but my love for footy has wavered massively in the past four years or so

Spot on mate.
First of all, Happy Christmas to everyone.

Second, and please don`t have a go at me, what I`m about to say comes second hand.
Basically, my Father In Law has arranged some decorating work. The bloke doing it is o.k, he did our lounge a couple of years back. Anyway, a girl who knows the decorators daughter is going out with an Albion player. The tale told to the Father In Law is that the players knew Bilic was being sacked weeks ago. Lai has been trying to sell the club and a very interested party said they would not make him an offer if Slaven was still in charge, they wanted someone who might keep us up.
I'm no Big Sam fan but I certainly didn't see any Pulisball in his teams. Bolton, in particular, were adept at "winning" free kicks in dangerous areas and in breaking up the game when under pressure. Infuriating, but our lot really need to wise up. We're getting yellow and red cards for nowt and not returning the favour. I don't like it but we are, as the saying goes, taking a knife to a gun fight. As for the tippy tappy, Jeez, I hate watching Man City, Arsenal and Barca passing the shine off the ball. FFS, move it with purpose.
I'll back the Albion, always. My disappointment is and always was, the fact we've done a u turn on our long term plan and our only aim now is to cling on. Right now with football played all hours of any day but Saturdays, behind closed doors to boot, the whole thing seems unreal anyway.
(12-24-2020, 12:27 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I'm no Big Sam fan but I certainly didn't see any Pulisball in his teams. Bolton, in particular, were adept at "winning" free kicks in dangerous areas and in breaking up the game when under pressure. Infuriating, but our lot really need to wise up. We're getting yellow and red cards for nowt and not returning the favour. I don't like it but we are, as the saying goes, taking a knife to a gun fight. As for the tippy tappy, Jeez, I hate watching Man City, Arsenal and Barca passing the shine off the ball. FFS, move it with purpose.
I'll back the Albion, always. My disappointment is and always was, the fact we've done a u turn on our long term plan and our only aim now is to cling on. Right now with football played all hours of any day but Saturdays, behind closed doors to boot, the whole thing seems unreal anyway.

Winning free kicks in dangerous areas, I think that's what he was eluding to with his seemingly praise of that twat sealish, we are not wise or cute enough in that area imvho.