Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jame McLean and Rondon
Malc and Worc spot on here. For all his limitations, he was excellent yesterday.  Ron should have scored off that first cross early on - let alone hit the target.
I work at a place with close links to the club. I shan't name it. This morning I was chatting to the receptionist, who is an Albion fan. Some of the players came over last week. She said Foster, Brunt, Dawson, Livermore, Rondon, McClean were all really nice and spent time chatting. As did Big Dave. She thought Gibbs and Evans where "big time Charlies" who were quick to scoot having just said "alright folks" etc. Couldn't wait to go.

Regards staying, Foster, Livermore, Brunt and Dawson said they loved the club and wanted to stay. I think she only got to ask these players. BD said he would concentrate on one hand at a time. Which is what he's told the media.

Interesting though.
(04-16-2018, 09:48 AM)bangalorebaggie Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 09:01 AM)wba13 Wrote: Some fans should get there facts right  since being at the Hawthorns yes he`s had a few yellow card`s but in his three years here he has only been sent off once . Yes he is hot headed but he is entitled to be for all the stick he gets at most ground`s and on here. He is a good honest footballer who was superb yesterday along with the rest of the side.

This x 1000

We will need more of his kind next year, not the ones who go down injured when the going gets tough (or the window is open).
(04-16-2018, 10:07 AM)Mancbaggie Wrote: Malc and Worc spot on here. For all his limitations, he was excellent yesterday.  Ron should have scored off that first cross early on - let alone hit the target.

McClean MoM on MOTD2 - After Foster would be the first name on the team sheet - Regarding Rondon - as has ben said before if he had a better first touch and a goal scorers instinct he simply wouldn't be playing for us.

hopefully both will stay next season - Chadli Evans Phillips and Barry will be gone and with what we've got and a couple of additions we should be ok - And if Moore can get the team playing gwhy not give him the job - 80% of football management is man management and the rest tacticts, formation and luck.

Bring on the scousers!
(04-16-2018, 10:00 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: At a time when players like Evans and Chadli are being criticised for a perceived lack of commitment/heart, I do find it bemusing how much stick McClean gets. Fair enough, he sometimes doesn;t use his brain and he doesn't have the skill of Evans and Chadli, but he never gives less than 100%. How does the saying go? Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety nine percent perspiration.

Colin Zico Anderson wants a word, mon
We'll need a balanced squad next season, and it will see a lot of changes throughout the summer. I'd keep both Jimmy Mac and Rondon if we can.

Jimmy Mac clearly isn't the most gifted footballer in the world, but whatever the game, he gives his all, and he's the type of footballer who will help you grind a result out, and we'll need that next season. You wouldn't win many games with a team full of McClean's, but you know what you're getting with him, and as a Manager / Head Coach that's important.

I don't think Rondon will stay, as I think there will be a number of Premiership teams interested in him, particularly for the release clause involved. I think he's underrated and undervalued by a lot of our fans, and it will be interesting to see how he gets on if he does indeed join another side in the Prem. I can see him doing well alongside Vardy at Leicester for example, or at Everton under Big Sam.
(04-16-2018, 08:03 AM)ASOGF Wrote: The comments on McClean yesterday were baffling. He was arguably our best player

Jay Rod
Foster
Dawson
Brunt

All better than McClean - although he did play well by his standards to be fair.
(04-16-2018, 04:36 PM)Wrenner Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 08:03 AM)ASOGF Wrote: The comments on McClean yesterday were baffling. He was arguably our best player

Jay Rod
Foster
Dawson
Brunt

All better than McClean - although he did play well by his standards to be fair.

Praise for McLean on here whenever he plays well can always be described as “grudging” at best.
(04-16-2018, 10:59 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: I work at a place with close links to the club. I shan't name it. This morning I was chatting to the receptionist, who is an Albion fan. Some of the players came over last week. She said Foster, Brunt, Dawson, Livermore, Rondon, McClean were all really nice and spent time chatting. As did  Big Dave. She thought Gibbs and Evans where "big time Charlies" who were quick to scoot having just said "alright folks" etc. Couldn't wait to go.

Regards staying, Foster, Livermore, Brunt and Dawson said they loved the club and wanted to stay. I think she only got to ask these players. BD said he would concentrate on one hand at a time. Which is what he's told the media.

Interesting though.

"I work at a place with close links to the club"

Is it Greggs?
(04-16-2018, 05:17 PM)Duffmon Wrote:
(04-16-2018, 04:36 PM)Wrenner Wrote:

Jay Rod
Foster
Dawson
Brunt

Praise for McLean on here whenever he plays well can always be described as “grudging” at best.

Yeah when it last happened in October it was exactly the same  Big Grin