Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equalled 1986 wins
(04-15-2018, 08:23 PM)WilesBandagedHead Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 07:53 PM)Baggpuss Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 07:11 PM)WilesBandagedHead Wrote: We’ve same wins and draws as that side now. We’ll definitely do better than them now. I can’t help feel we cocked up this season something terrible as the players are not that bad.

The table would suggest otherwise!
Whether it is ability or attitude - they are THAT bad!!
Bad management is your answer. Plenty enough players but utilised badly

Not players that don't want to play for the manager?
Missed yesterday, but saw the other 3...
The squad is not as good or as bad as some make out. It’s unbalanced and has been badly managed there is a big difference. Otherwise clubs should just get rid of managers and let the players do their own thing each game. Let’s try and think through this logically.
Have seen all the league wins but missed the cup wins.
(04-16-2018, 08:47 AM)WorcBaggie Wrote: Have seen all the league wins but missed the cup wins.

Not many have done that surely....  Smile
(04-15-2018, 07:11 PM)WilesBandagedHead Wrote: We’ve same wins and draws as that side now. We’ll definitely do better than them now. I can’t help feel we cocked up this season something terrible as the players are not that bad.

No. Our performance over the season has been that bad.

However when properly motivated, the players CAN produce more than the table indicates.

The players with the (lack of) motivation as provided by Pulis and Pardew are that bad.
The players with motivation are not a bottom of the table team.
(04-15-2018, 07:52 PM)Mancbaggie Wrote: I've seen 3 of em

Any ponners seen 4?!

Seen three League wins this season but missed Burnley away due to an unavoidable last minute change of plans. My wife used my ticket and went to the game with my lad though so I still got the loyalty points. Missed two games home and away in all competitions in the last two seasons. The other was Palace away for the opening away fixture last season which again was due to unavoidable circumstances, and again my wife attended in my absence. Accrington, Exeter and Liverpool in the Cups were cracking days out in their own right  Cool  .

What we are really Bad at is dropping points from winning positions! Oh the frustration of the Watford and Newcastle Games especially!
(04-15-2018, 08:11 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

Any ponners seen 4?!

3 for me.  Missed Burnley.

Me too. Saw all four in 86 though!
(04-16-2018, 06:54 PM)Statto Wrote:
(04-15-2018, 08:11 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:

Any ponners seen 4?!

3 for me.  Missed Burnley.

Me too. Saw all four in 86 though!
Same again.  Blues home and away (as was par then), Southampton and Watford at home.

Our worst ever top flight season, followed by several seasons of our lowest ever league finishes.  Let’s hope we get the summer right.
My opinion matters