Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wimbledon play off win
Caught the last half hour of this today, really pleased they got promoted. Managed by Ardley an ex Wimbledon player, their team spirit seemed second to none today, ran themselves to death.

Quite a story really as they were apparently formed in a pub after the MK debacle, and started in something like the combined counties league before working their way back up. Apparently they hope to get planning permission this summer for a new ground in Plough Lane too.
Playing MK Franchise next season.
(05-30-2016, 05:44 PM)cunninghamismagic Wrote: Playing MK Franchise next season.

Tasty one that.
I'm really pleased for them.
There are a few down here not overly pleased for them Big Grin
When we played singles at football at school I modelled my style on the old Wimbledon. Never give up, dirty but despite the lack of ability got the job done. Always had a soft spot for them and loved them beating the tedious Liverpool team in the FA Cup.
(05-30-2016, 06:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When we played singles at football at school I modelled my style on the old Wimbledon. Never give up, dirty but despite the lack of ability got the job done. Always had a soft spot for them and loved them beating the tedious Liverpool team in the FA Cup.

What's 'singles'?
(05-30-2016, 06:30 PM)Pastures Green Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 06:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: When we played singles at football at school I modelled my style on the old Wimbledon. Never give up, dirty but despite the lack of ability got the job done. Always had a soft spot for them and loved them beating the tedious Liverpool team in the FA Cup.

What's 'singles'?

The same as doubles, one goal, ten or so players, you score a goal you go through until there's only one player.
(05-30-2016, 06:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

What's 'singles'?

The same as doubles, one goal, ten or so players, you score a goal you go through until there's only one player.

You mean 1 man wembley FFS sake!!!
(05-30-2016, 06:34 PM)Ah Bhuna Matata Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 06:33 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

What's 'singles'?

You mean 1 man wembley FFS sake!!!

You can have a number of names for the same game. When you played SLAM I think it was called TWAT Wink