Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pardew here till end of season
And Lai and Jenkins want us back up within two years.
According to the E&S anyway.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...-failings/
To be honest.

That's a fair assessment by Jenkins there, noticed far deeper problems than Pardew and wants to get back to the idea of contingency plans and such.

I just hope he brings a proper football man in to help oversee the rebuild.
So Jenkins has basically said to him that we don't want to pay him off so stop trying to get the sack. That's what I'm guessing.

I've got Saturday and Man United booked, not sure I can be arsed to go to Palace though, already been pretty apathetic going to home games and I've already paid for that.

I'm guessing that we're going to try to replicate our approach from 2006 with the two year plan we seemingly had then. Sensible for me, you get the PL money in May to invest in your first season and then use the first parachute payment to reinforce if needed, especially with it being a sliding scale now.
(03-13-2018, 10:42 PM)Baggie66 Wrote: And Lai and Jenkins want us back up within two years.
According to the E&S anyway.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/foo...-failings/

[Image: vaudeville-ventriloquist-dummy-portraits-L-z1vhtA.jpeg]
At least someone has realised that Pulis is to blame for this mess, no matter how hard his defenders try to deflect.

The club got too complacent in believing Pulis could do no wrong, and let him have a level of control he should never have been given. Too many weak appointments behind the scenes, and too much pandering to TP allowing him to surround himself with old chums and yes men meant we lost what had made us overachieve for so long - a clear direction, a strong contingency plan, and a united vision throughout the club.

2 years, plus the parachute payments is resource enough to get that back on track. We just can’t afford to keep fucking about.
Keith Downing and Dean Kiely should never have been allowed to leave wba
Cutting my stile card feels a whole lot better
All fair enough , have a horrid feeling Pardew will start next season.
(03-13-2018, 11:27 PM)CrossBar Wrote: All fair enough , have a horrid feeling Pardew will start next season.

Not without a drastic improvement.
(03-13-2018, 11:27 PM)CrossBar Wrote: All fair enough , have a horrid feeling Pardew will start next season.

Not a chance. They can’t be seen to say “we’re keeping him til May as it’s cheaper to sack him”