Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Captain Scarlet
(03-13-2018, 08:51 PM)Man of Harlech Wrote: Captain Scarlett was fantastic
Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.
Marina ground my gears way before Scrappy Doo was even whelped.

Fireball XL5
Supercar

You are obviously a young fellow.
(03-13-2018, 09:04 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:57 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:53 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:37 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: They were good eggs really, the Mysterons. “We have planted a bomb under seat 42, row 26, screen 2 of the Festival site Odeon cinema. You have three days to find it.” They were just having a laugh.

Hey that SPV was one of my favorite toys. one step up from TB's when it came out.

Yeah, I preferred it to Thunderbirds. I had Captain Scarlet’s car. Kid across the road had the SPV which I was quite jealous of.

I collect matchboxes guess I have 1000+ all with boxes - wish I had kept my SPV now doh

I also had the Shado Interceptor, Shado Mobile and Ed Straker’s car. We recently cleared out my mum’s house (one of the saddest, most horrible things I’ve ever had to do). Had to let a lot of childhood stuff go because we just don’t have the room at our house. But I kept those Dinky Toys. Even if they stay in the loft forever, I couldn’t let them go.

Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.

What’s your problem with Marina FFS? And please don’t call her a bint.
It was her crappy theme tune, her poxy arm waving ( yes I know she was a mute ) and she was a munter compared to the red head.
Stingray was fucking ace. Philistine.

Don’t listen to Captain Scarlet’s theme tune. I did earlier and it’s been stuck in my head all day.
(03-13-2018, 09:18 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Stingray was fucking ace. Philistine.

Don’t listen to Captain Scarlet’s theme tune. I did earlier and it’s been stuck in my head all day.

The CS theme music is the absolute biz, as many of the theme tunes were in those days.

(03-13-2018, 09:04 PM)ZDreamkiller Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:37 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: They were good eggs really, the Mysterons. “We have planted a bomb under seat 42, row 26, screen 2 of the Festival site Odeon cinema. You have three days to find it.” They were just having a laugh.

Hey that SPV was one of my favorite toys. one step up from TB's when it came out.

Yeah, I preferred it to Thunderbirds. I had Captain Scarlet’s car. Kid across the road had the SPV which I was quite jealous of.

I collect matchboxes guess I have 1000+ all with boxes - wish I had kept my SPV now doh

I also had the Shado Interceptor, Shado Mobile and Ed Straker’s car. We recently cleared out my mum’s house (one of the saddest, most horrible things I’ve ever had to do). Had to let a lot of childhood stuff go because we just don’t have the room at our house. But I kept those Dinky Toys. Even if they stay in the loft forever, I couldn’t let them go.

Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.

I used to be able to do decent impressions of Zoonie and Robert the Robot.  "Owwn our way ome " "remain in orbit"
Thunderbirds was the pinnacle of the Anderson's out though, in my opinion.
(03-13-2018, 09:22 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:40 PM)Black Penny Wrote: Hey that SPV was one of my favorite toys. one step up from TB's when it came out.

Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.

I used to be able to do decent impressions of Zoonie and Robert the Robot.  "Owwn our way ome " "remain in orbit"

Thunderbirds was fantastic, but I preferred Captain Scarlet and UFO - mostly because of the ‘aliens v humans’ element.

(03-13-2018, 09:28 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:53 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: Yeah, I preferred it to Thunderbirds. I had Captain Scarlet’s car. Kid across the road had the SPV which I was quite jealous of.

Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.

Thunderbirds was fantastic, but I preferred Captain Scarlet and UFO - mostly because of the ‘aliens v humans’ element.

UFO was so futuristic it could easily be remade now with the minimal of updates
(03-13-2018, 09:32 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:57 PM)Black Penny Wrote: I collect matchboxes guess I have 1000+ all with boxes - wish I had kept my SPV now doh

Thunderbirds was great
Stringray was dog shit.

I’m amazed they’ve never updated it, or made a big budget movie for that matter. A few tweaks and it would be an absolute monster hit. The series itself would have been so much better if they’d had two hours per episode. There was so much wrong with it, the dodgy scripts, the wooden acting, the rushed storylines, yet it was still brilliant. Without the flaws it would be epic.

I’m getting far too excited about this, aren’t I.

(03-13-2018, 09:37 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 09:32 PM)Black Penny Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 09:04 PM)ZDreamkiller Wrote: I also had the Shado Interceptor, Shado Mobile and Ed Straker’s car. We recently cleared out my mum’s house (one of the saddest, most horrible things I’ve ever had to do). Had to let a lot of childhood stuff go because we just don’t have the room at our house. But I kept those Dinky Toys. Even if they stay in the loft forever, I couldn’t let them go.

I’m amazed they’ve never updated it, or made a big budget movie for that matter. A few tweaks and it would be an absolute monster hit. The series itself would have been so much better if they’d had two hours per episode. There was so much wrong with it, the dodgy scripts, the wooden acting, the rushed storylines, yet it was still brilliant. Without the flaws it would be epic.

I’m getting far too excited about this, aren’t I.

I'm sure someone will do it one day
Captain Scarlett was by far the best. Joe 90 next but quite a way behind. Thunderbirds in a creditable 3rd place.

Stingray...No!