Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pellingrino sacked by Saints
(03-13-2018, 08:50 AM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: Pardew is going no where until relegation is confirmed. This is because 1) no suitable candidate will come until next season 2) after relegation his payoff reduces.

It's not a case of looking for a long term appointment now but an interim to take us through to May. If it drags on with Pardew many fans debating whether to get a season ticket next season may not bother. A more positive end to the season with players trying and a couple of wins may influence a few to renew. So financially it is in the club's interest.
(03-13-2018, 09:12 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 08:50 AM)Montserratbaggie Wrote: Pardew is going no where until relegation is confirmed. This is because 1) no suitable candidate will come until next season 2) after relegation his payoff reduces.

It's not a case of looking for a long term appointment now but an interim to take us through to May. If it drags on with Pardew many fans debating whether to get a season ticket next season may not bother. A more positive end to the season with players trying and a couple of wins may influence a few to renew. So financially it is in the club's interest.

If it was going to happen it would have happened already.

Looking on the bright side, I feel certain Pardew will be booted as soon as the Big R is confirmed, which means you’ll probably get your wish for the last three or four games anyway. Big Dave can have a little go with no pressure on him to get results.

I think it’s the right thing to do because Pardew deserves the R and Harry Houdini couldn’t get us out of this now. Plus, it’s high time the fans got annoyed. All efforts should be focused on our long-term strategy and bringing the right people in. Hopefully the owner and the board are capable.
Hughes is reported to be the favourite.
(03-13-2018, 09:27 AM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 09:12 AM)cunninghamismagic Wrote:

If it was going to happen it would have happened already.

Looking on the bright side, I feel certain Pardew will be booted as soon as the Big R is confirmed, which means you’ll probably get your wish for the last three or four games anyway. Big Dave can have a little go with no pressure on him to get results.

I think it’s the right thing to do because Pardew deserves the R and Harry Houdini couldn’t get us out of this now. Plus, it’s high time the fans got annoyed. All efforts should be focused on our long-term strategy and bringing the right people in. Hopefully the owner and the board are capable.

The last 3 games far too late. Although too late to keep us up, with 2 months of the season left fans need the feeling that something is being done.
(03-13-2018, 09:35 AM)Duffmon Wrote: Hughes is reported to be the favourite.

this most be the most impressive/ridiculous/stupid/funny news I've read all day/week/month.
(03-13-2018, 11:19 AM)Pipes Of Peace Wrote:

this most be the most impressive/ridiculous/stupid/funny news I've read all day/week/month.

Betting shops in Stoke and Pompey must be doing a roaring trade.

What? More so that Pardew is remaining in his post?

I suggested Hughes a while ago. If he's over whatever caused him to fuck up the great work he did with us for the first three years, he'd be great for you in my opinion.

(03-13-2018, 11:22 AM)Sidsockett Wrote:

What? More so that Pardew is remaining in his post?

thats just unfathomable
(03-13-2018, 11:26 AM)Dreamkiller Wrote:

I suggested Hughes a while ago. If he's over whatever caused him to fuck up the great work he did with us for the first three years, he'd be great for you in my opinion.

Think he meant the Saints job.