The Vote Leave Party
Glad they surrounded themselves with leavers - it’s been such a great fucking success and they have no-one else to blame.

Did anybody step forward with any benefits that I missed btw
Of course because it’s going so well surrounding yourself with Vote Leave ‘advisors / aides’ that No10 is squabbling like rats in a sack. At a crucial time for the country which faces Brexit (no doubt a crappy deal dressed up as better than the one we had with the EU), Covid and our relationship with a thankfully less populist US.

Just an ahem echo-chamber of opinion.

(11-12-2020, 10:58 PM)baggy1 Wrote: Glad they surrounded themselves with leavers - it’s been such a great fucking success and they have no-one else to blame.

Did anybody step forward with any benefits that I missed btw

Have they eck as like.
(11-12-2020, 09:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:36 PM)JOK Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:11 PM)JOK Wrote: Do you think if your mate Jezza had got into no.10 he would have surrounded himself with Blairites?

I’ve reported this reply as it’s clear LIQ has stolen your login details and is posting under your username.

Pointless, meaningless post again to avoid the point. So I've reported your post for wasting bandwidth.

If you’re going to say ‘my mate Jezza’ as a reply then I’m not going to take your replies seriously. I appreciate defending this government is becoming more difficult every day but I admire your determination to do so.

Which bit of the post is “defending the government”?  Pointing out they are not likely to surround themselves with people who have no belief in what they are supposed to obtain, is not defending the government. It’s just yet another excuse for you to have a snidely moan. Yet another thread on the same theme.
And here we go with your constant hypocrisy again : remember posting this: “This is the calibre of politician that JOK thinks…”?

So, O.K. we'll take out the Jezza reference. Do you think any Politian is going to surround himself with naysayers?
(11-12-2020, 11:38 PM)JOK Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:36 PM)JOK Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:11 PM)JOK Wrote: Do you think if your mate Jezza had got into no.10 he would have surrounded himself with Blairites?

I’ve reported this reply as it’s clear LIQ has stolen your login details and is posting under your username.

Pointless, meaningless post again to avoid the point. So I've reported your post for wasting bandwidth.

If you’re going to say ‘my mate Jezza’ as a reply then I’m not going to take your replies seriously. I appreciate defending this government is becoming more difficult every day but I admire your determination to do so.

Which bit of the post is “defending the government”?  Pointing out they are not likely to surround themselves with people who have no belief in what they are supposed to obtain, is not defending the government. It’s just yet another excuse for you to have a snidely moan. Yet another thread on the same theme.
And here we go with your constant hypocrisy again : remember posting this: “This is the calibre of politician that JOK thinks…”?

So, O.K. we'll take out the Jezza reference. Do you think any Politian is going to surround himself with naysayers?

Yes I think a decent leader would surround himself or herself with people with differing opinions that would challenge them, their ideas, their way of doing things. Any dissenting voices in the Conservative were either silenced or thrown out the party before the last election and now what have we got? Group think and has it helped the country? Has it helped Brexit negotiations? Has it brought the country together? Has it made people more or less inclined to believe that the government are making decisions / appointments, contracting people based on merit? Has it helped the Prime Minister look like he’s in charge? 

Are you happy with the influence the Vote Leave team have on the democratic process? Or do you find their influence undemocratic given many are unelected?
(11-12-2020, 09:06 PM)JOK Wrote: Yes. of course, if you are trying to deliver Brexit you would engage a load of Remainers to do it.  Rolleyes

They're supposed to be running the country, not just delivering Brexit.
(11-13-2020, 12:15 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 11:38 PM)JOK Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 09:43 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: If you’re going to say ‘my mate Jezza’ as a reply then I’m not going to take your replies seriously. I appreciate defending this government is becoming more difficult every day but I admire your determination to do so.
Yes I think a decent leader would surround himself or herself with people with differing opinions that would challenge them, their ideas, their way of doing things. Any dissenting voices in the Conservative were either silenced or thrown out the party before the last election and now what have we got? Group think and has it helped the country? Has it helped Brexit negotiations? Has it brought the country together? Has it made people more or less inclined to believe that the government are making decisions / appointments, contracting people based on merit? Has it helped the Prime Minister look like he’s in charge? 

Are you happy with the influence the Vote Leave team have on the democratic process? Or do you find their influence undemocratic given many are unelected
 What is the difference to Corbyn filling many of his shadow cabinet with his supporters and having the backing of and influenced by  “unelected” Momentum members?
What is the difference with Tony Blair having Jonathan Powel Plotting to keep Brown out of office? He was the first to be given the ‘role’ of Chief of Staff with permission to order civil servant about. Something at the time which unprecedented for a political appointee. Was he elected?
What is different to Tony Blair having Campbell as his chief strategist? Was he elected?
Back to the Op. It’s all the same old same old. Nothing new.  Still, I await the usual repost “Whataboutery”.
Still ignoring the charge of hypocrisy, I notice.  Tongue  (I know you like a winky thing)
I think Brexit is a thoroughly stupid idea, but this Government were elected pretty much solely to deliver it. It's hardly surprising that May and the Remain/Soft Brexit mob we're shipped out and replaced with the Leavers. It just happens they are now realising they can't deliver everything their arrogance told themselves and us they could.

Out of interest, how will a Brexit deal or lack of impact our ability to get hold of the Covid vaccine that is being produced in Belgium/Germany?
The only way it would impact is if there are any restrictions of transport (which there will be clearly) but I would imagine that this will get special transport and passport rights so it shouldn't be held up.
(11-13-2020, 10:37 AM)Ted Maul Wrote: I think Brexit is a thoroughly stupid idea, but this Government were elected pretty much solely to deliver it. It's hardly surprising that May and the Remain/Soft Brexit mob we're shipped out and replaced with the Leavers. It just happens they are now realising they can't deliver everything their arrogance told themselves and us they could.

Out of interest, how will a Brexit deal or lack of impact our ability to get hold of the Covid vaccine that is being produced in Belgium/Germany?

the Astra Zeneca vaccine will be manufactured in the UK and throughout their supply chain. As a part British corporate no problem us getting the vaccine.

Simply market forces will enable us to get hold of the Pfizer vaccine. The Brexit deal or lack of it will be irrelevant.
(11-12-2020, 08:38 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: World beating cronyism! At least they’ve got something right and it explains how this country is currently being ‘led’

Dekka, still waiting your answer has to how you differentiate between ‘cronyism bad’ and ‘cronyism good’ and to give an example of any British post war PM that has filled their cabinet and advisor roles with “differing opinions” 

This is a headline in 2015 from one of your favourite papers you like to quote;
This is what Jeremy Corbyn should do in 2016 - starting with a reshuffle that gets rid of mutineers.
Benn and his supporters would have the Labour Party be nothing more than a photocopy of a photocopy. They were given opportunities and have proved themselves unworthy of them”
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/wha...88466.html

Here is another quote following the 2016 shadow cabinet reshuffle.
“For his shadow cabinet to be effective, Corbyn needs a team he can trust around him and this reshuffle goes some way towards making that a reality. If the public are to understand what Corbyn’s Labour truly stands for, it is imperative he has people who are able to communicate the message to the media and public without consistent divergence.
A crack of the whip was needed, and the sacking of dissenters Dugher and McFadden are a blatant warning to any other frontbenchers who presume vacuous public disloyalty is somehow acceptable in the new kind of politics Corbyn espouses”
https://www.bing.com/search?q=who+are+Na...152CE32E97

SO, Please, do explain how the situation you now find so reprehensible is different to the norm.