Match Onions/Ratings
What a strange team we are... First half we lacked intensity, ambition and urgency. Second half we had all those things with a creative and pleasing on the eye edge. It was good to see Bilic making decisive changes which affected teh game and gave us a fluid platform to compete.

Johnstone - 8 - Humble Pie AOTS for many on this ere bored. Well done Sam lad. 

Furlong - 7 - Constant running and outlet. Better distribution on teh whole today. Needs to start playing the simple 5 yard pass inside and get on his bike. Learning quick though.
Ivanovic - 6 - Struggled at times and got us in the shit with some rash challenges. Extra mark for his vocal, organisational and influential impact.
Ajayi - 7 - He is so bloody quick. Looks even better when we get up the pitch and he plays as sweeper. If Hegazi leaving means he gets regular game time I am all for it. 
Townsend - 7 - I called for him to be taken off at HT. This was in no way a reflection on what I thought was a solid display, it was more about the attacking pace and threat Gobbo can bring. I love his attitude and his ploddy, cultured style, but will never be quite good enough.

Gallagher - 7 - 6 first half, 8 second. First half he was too one paced and was staying too square and flat with the other midfielders. Second half when he was a bit deeper, but given licence to press and get stuck in he was much better.
Livermore - 5 - Off the pace tonight was Jake, which showed by him arriving late into his own box to score the OG. Still has a part to play against team that go a bit more direct than Brighton.
Krov - 8 - 6 first half, 10 second. First half see Gallagher. Second half it was like watching David Silva. lovely ball control, nice close passing and kept us ticking over. That could be his role in front of the back 4. MOTM!

Pereira - 7 - Thought he was unlucky with the criticism levelled at him. Always tried and really came into the game second half and linked with his pal really well. Must play centrally when we play a back 4, but is okay wider when we play a back 5 as the wingbacks let him drift inside. 
Grant - 7 - Great finish, end of. What we have been crying out for, somebody who can bag one even if he isn't in the game. 
Grady - 5  Had what I call a Stephane Sessegnon. After 5 minutes he could have been brought off as he wasn't at it at all. It will happen. 

Subs: 

Robinson - 8 - Great running, energy and an assist. Massive part to play. 
Edwards - 7 - Real pace and directness that worried the Brighton back line. Some fantastic tracking back of Lamptey too. Great bench option. 
Phillips - Not on long enough.. Worked 'ard.
Agree with all that, although I would probably give Ivanovic an extra mark and Townsend one less
Johnstone 8 - Some great saves again, player of the season so far.
Furlong 6 - Defensively better than usual, crossing was poor.
Ivanovic 6 - Shocking first half but pulled it around in the second.
Ajayi 6 - Hit and miss, didn't really look solid today.
Townsend 6 - Poor first half, best defender second half
Gallagher 8 - Seemed to be everywhere, always putting a foot in and trying to make things happen
Livermore 5 - Has been off it recently. Maybe needs a week or two away from the team to work on his fitness.
Krovinovic 7 - Weak at times but tries to make things happen. The pass for Robinson pre-goal was absolute quality.
Pereira 6 - Frustrated today but improved as the game went on.
Diang 5 - Lamptey has his number all game, although he was left very isolated.
Grant 7 - Completely anonymous but did the business when called upon. Cracking finish

Robinson 8 - Completely changed the game IMO. Our best outfield player so far this season.
Edwards 7 - A great cameo. Wouldve been an 8 if it wasnt for one particularly shocking pass.
Phillips 4 - What's the point?
Johnstone 8 - looking quality
Furlong 6 - average Champ player but gave his all
Townsend 6 (first half four / second 8)
Ivanovic 6 (first half four / second 7)
Ajayi 7
Kroc 7 (first half 4 / second half 9) - really put in a shift in second
Gallagher 8 (proper modern midfielder)
Livermore 4 (very poor since first half of Chelsea game)
Pereira 7 - anonymous until he went into the centre and came alive
Diangana 4 (nothing worked)
Grant 6 (what a finish)

Subs:
Phillips 4 (that bloody contract extension)
Edwards 7 (very impressive)
Robinson 9 (changed the game)