Our evolving team...
Slav took one for the Club at Saints....which laid the foundation for a relatively smooth transition to the Burnley line-up and beyond.  Sly.  

I think 9 of the best team we are able to field are now in place - I'm giving Diang the benefit of the doubt after his last two performances.  He'd better turn up at Brighton or I reckon it's 3 strikes and out for a while.  It's Gibbs for me at left back so that would make 10, leaving just the right back slot to fill.  It would be interesting to see Semi in that role for both his defensive capabilities and pace in covering Ivanovic.   

4-3-3 

Johnstone 

RB???       Ivanovic    Hegazy    ??? Gibbs for me
Semi?

Livermore
               Kroc-vinovic    Gallagher

Periera               Grant            Diangana   

If Diang's current form continues, I would move Grant to the left (from where he has scored most of his goals) and put Robinson in the middle.  

3-4-3

Johnstone 

Ajayi       Ivanovic    Hegazy    

Kroc-vinovic  Gallagher  Livermore   Gibbs

Periera          Robinson/Grant     Diangana/Grant  

Beyond the above there are very few players in the squad who are up to the job, so we need to pray we don't get many injuries.  Psalm 23.  

Bench options: (from)    Rolleyes

Button - who knows?
Peltier (has actually had a yr in the Prem) 
Townsend (good enough?)
Furlong (good enough?)
O'Shea - will possibly replace Ivanovic/Hegazy in a couple of years
Bartley (really like Kyle but...good enough?)
Kipre  (should possibly have been sent on loan to a top-end Chump club, someone like Swansea)
Field - (big season for Sam, needs to really push Livermore for a place)
Harper (age on his side maybe should have been sent on loan, needs to find himself and his position - what is he?)
Sawyers (big challenge for Romaine this season - can he hack it?)   
Robson-Kanu (won't see him til December - will have useful cameos)
Phillips - still think Matty has something to offer - length of contract is a concern!
Edwards ( should have been sent on loan - Cov?) 
Austin - think he's comfy on his contract til June - can't see him making any impact but you never know
Bond - think he's done well when called on but really don't understand why someone of his age is happy as a No 3.  

Grosicki?

In the grand scheme of things (whatever that is) not overly bothered (but will be gutted when it happens)  if we go down as we are making progress (I think, lol).  

We have a chance and  I really do believe that we have a fantastic bunch of lads (look at Livermore when we got promoted...it meant so much to the wider club.   If anything we are too nice but I'm ok with that,  I'm proud of them anyway.  As Slav said the other day they gave their all and that's all we ask.  

COYB!

Agree; we have a chance. It smells like team spirit is what we need to push us over the trapdoor.
4 or 5 of those need to go on loan to Chump teams in January (Harper, Field, Edwards, Kipre, O'Shea) so we can use them in that division next season. Palmer may be able to step up next year as well.
(10-22-2020, 08:00 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: 4 or 5 of those need to go on loan to Chump teams in January (Harper, Field, Edwards, Kipre, O'Shea) so we can use them in that division next season. Palmer may be able to step up next year as well.

I’d keep Edwards around - we need him to sign a new deal before he goes anywhere.

Kipre and Harper need to go out ASAP. 

If we can sign a right back in January I’d let O’Shea out too.