Flu jab and covid test
Yeah read that as well - that Dr. Karol is going on about it like he found penicillin, when it's been discussed for a while in the wider community. I agree there is definitely something in that as well.
(10-21-2020, 05:52 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(10-21-2020, 03:09 PM)baggy1 Wrote: I'm part of a study for imperial college

I did their earlier study (spit test vs swab one), bastards didn't give me an Anti Body test to try, grrrr!

(10-21-2020, 04:52 PM)johntoewba Wrote: I am a shift manager at a steel firm and we had 9 cases in one department. As shift manager I have had dealings with all these guys but have kept social distancing at all times. Yesterday afternoon track and trace caught up with me and I am now on self isolation. These are scary times indeed

Hang on, you needed track and trace to tell you to self isolate? The way that reads is that you knew you'd had contact with 9 people who tested positive yet you were going to carry on as normal? Hopefully I'm reading that differently to how you meant it?!

According to government guidelines unless you show symptoms you are ok to continue working. I have no symptoms whatsoever
(10-22-2020, 02:16 PM)johntoewba Wrote:

I did their earlier study (spit test vs swab one), bastards didn't give me an Anti Body test to try, grrrr!

(10-21-2020, 04:52 PM)johntoewba Wrote: I am a shift manager at a steel firm and we had 9 cases in one department. As shift manager I have had dealings with all these guys but have kept social distancing at all times. Yesterday afternoon track and trace caught up with me and I am now on self isolation. These are scary times indeed

Hang on, you needed track and trace to tell you to self isolate? The way that reads is that you knew you'd had contact with 9 people who tested positive yet you were going to carry on as normal? Hopefully I'm reading that differently to how you meant it?!

According to government guidelines unless you show symptoms you are ok to continue working. I have no symptoms whatsoever

Can you post a link for that please

As this is what’s on the gov website and you’ve obviously fallen into
One of these categories to have been contacted 

Source https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...owing%20it.

What is meant by a ‘contact’
A ‘contact’ is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19anytime from 2 days before the person was symptomatic up to 10 days from onset of symptoms (this is when they are infectious to others). For example, a contact can be:
  • people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19

• sexual partners

• a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
    • being coughed on
    • having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
    • having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
    • contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact

• a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19for more than 15 minutes
  • a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
(10-22-2020, 02:24 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 02:16 PM)johntoewba Wrote:

Can you post a link for that please

As this is what’s on the gov website and you’ve obviously fallen into
One of these categories to have been contacted 

Source https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...owing%20it.

What is meant by a ‘contact’
A ‘contact’ is a person who has been close to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19anytime from 2 days before the person was symptomatic up to 10 days from onset of symptoms (this is when they are infectious to others). For example, a contact can be:
  • people who spend significant time in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19

• sexual partners

• a person who has had face-to-face contact (within one metre), with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, including:
    • being coughed on
    • having a face-to-face conversation within one metre
    • having skin-to-skin physical contact, or
    • contact within one metre for one minute or longer without face-to-face contact
  • a person who has been within 2 metres of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19for more than 15 minutes
  • a person who has travelled in a small vehicle with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or in a large vehicle or plane near someone who has tested positive for COVID-19

Not one of those apply to my situation but I have obviously been named by one of the guys who have contracted it. We use radios on site for contact. I did speak to one of the guys outside at a distance of 3 m and for one minute only so I am a bit confused as to why I have been contacted and not other shift manager???