Trump- official what will happen in the election thread
(10-27-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The same thing happened with Obama if I have read it properly but the Dems said it wouldn't be fair to rush it through so didn't appoint. Trump is a maniac who wants to win at all costs, sooner they get rid the better.

The big issue will arise if there are any states that are close and need a supreme court decision to be made - that will be interesting if it is marginal to see who the come down with and how it effects the result. Florida has been won with less than 500 votes in the past - many recounts later the supreme court made a ruling which gave Bush Jnr the presidency.

Barmy. Recount the votes, then let the Supreme Court decide. No wonder he wanted to get her in post.
(10-27-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote: The same thing happened with Obama if I have read it properly but the Dems said it wouldn't be fair to rush it through so didn't appoint. Trump is a maniac who wants to win at all costs, sooner they get rid the better.

The big issue will arise if there are any states that are close and need a supreme court decision to be made - that will be interesting if it is marginal to see who the come down with and how it effects the result. Florida has been won with less than 500 votes in the past - many recounts later the supreme court made a ruling which gave Bush Jnr the presidency.

Oh, chit  !
IF Trump loses then I hope it signals the beginning of the end to this populist bull shit that is in danger of ruining both the US and U.K.
Biden wins the popular vote by a wide margin. Wins the electoral college by enough that it stops the Democrats talking about abolishing it until the next Republican gets in.

Within 18 months / 2 years, he has to step down due to health issues. Harris steps up to replace him.

With Biden having been elected on a (US-style) centre-left platform, Harris tries to pursue a radical left manifesto. This alienates all but her core voters, and certainly those in the central states.

The Republicans return next time with a more polished, (US-style) centrist candidate, and wipe the floor with her.

This leads to lots more accusations of racism, sexism, etc.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(10-27-2020, 01:10 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: Biden wins the popular vote by a wide margin. Wins the electoral college by enough that it stops the Democrats talking about abolishing it until the next Republican gets in.

Within 18 months / 2 years, he has to step down due to health issues. Harris steps up to replace him.

With Biden having been elected on a (US-style) centre-left platform, Harris tries to pursue a radical left manifesto. This alienates all but her core voters, and certainly those in the central states.

The Republicans return next time with a more polished, (US-style) centrist candidate, and wipe the floor with her.

Not that much evidence to suggest Harris will pursue anything 'radical left' should she be given the keys.

Is being anti-death penalty, pro-Affordable Healthcare, pro-renewable energy/green deal, in favour of stricter gun control, pro-abortion and women's rights and not wanting to separate migrant familes and lock them up really 'radical left'?

That said, I can't imagine a lot of the above will endear her to a good proportion of the gun-toting, hillbillys that vote over there.
(10-27-2020, 12:53 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: IF Trump loses then I hope it signals the beginning of the end to this populist bull shit that is in danger of ruining both the US and U.K.

Sadly populism seems to be here to stay.
(10-27-2020, 01:17 PM)Ted Maul Wrote:
(10-27-2020, 01:10 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote: Biden wins the popular vote by a wide margin. Wins the electoral college by enough that it stops the Democrats talking about abolishing it until the next Republican gets in.

Not that much evidence to suggest Harris will pursue anything 'radical left' should she be given the keys.

Is being anti-death penalty, pro-Affordable Healthcare, pro-renewable energy/green deal, in favour of stricter gun control, pro-abortion and women's rights and not wanting to separate migrant familes and lock them up really 'radical left'?

That said, I can't imagine a lot of the above will endear her to a good proportion of the gun-toting, hillbillys that vote over there.

This is why I was putting (US-style) in, because American politics is a weird, weird world.

The Conservatives are the right-wing party over here, but they legalised gay marriage, among other policies. If somebody suggested that at a Republican party conference, they'd be burnt at the stake.

The larger point is that she'll alienate people, and her vote will collapse before the next one.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
Dow-n goes the Dow......... bye bye Donald. And the dance continues, most likely as outlined above.

In America it is.
(10-27-2020, 11:00 PM)Duffers Wrote:

In America it is.
Left wing to them is a Teresa May government. Radical left is liberal. 
Completely different mindsets to us. 
They have aggressive dog eat dog way programmed into them with a huge lashing of disturbing bible bashing added to the mix.
They also have multi millions of extremely stupid obese people with guns. 
Anyone thinking they, outside the big metropolitan areas, are like us are sadly mistaken.