Euros
Can someone please explain (as simply as possible) who has qualified, and who is playing who when presumably it kicks off next year?

I thought we (England) had qualified months ago, then I see we are in some league with Belgium, there seems to be some kind of seeding and Scotland can still qualify if they beat Serbia (I think)

It all seems very confusing  - where are the finals being played? I know tickets have been sold but for what games? Or is it just a lottery.

Baffling!

oh and what happened to my avatar?
We are in a group with Croatia, Czech Republic and the winner of the Scotland/Serbia playoff.

All our group games are at Wembley.

Assuming we get out the group we’ll probably have to play someone from the group containing France, Germany and Portugal.

The “Nations League” is a completely separate tournament.

The Euros are taking place across ten countries, it’s a one off for their 50th anniversary. The semis and the final are at Wembley.
It’ll be decided by Someone McSomeones at the premier league. Shut up.
I've no idea, but your avatar is throwing a 404 (not found) error, maybe try re-uploading it?
(10-12-2020, 12:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: We are in a group with Croatia, Czech Republic and the winner of the Scotland/Serbia playoff.

Assuming we get out the group we’ll probably have to play someone from the group containing France, Germany and Portugal.

The “Nations League” is a completely separate  tournament.

The Euros are taking place across ten countries, it’s a one off for their 50th anniversary. The semis and the final are at Wembley.

Thanks so hopefully we could be playing scotland at wembley?

What's all this Nations League malarky? Sounds like a Marvel Film. Can we win it? The euros that is not the Nations League. Havent seen England play since we lost in the wc semis.

Come on eNGLAND! Big Grin
(10-12-2020, 04:38 PM)igorbalis Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 12:29 PM)Duffers Wrote: We are in a group with Croatia, Czech Republic and the winner of the Scotland/Serbia playoff.

The “Nations League” is a completely separate  tournament.

Thanks so hopefully we could be playing scotland at wembley?

What's all this Nations League malarky? Sounds like a Marvel Film. Can we win it? The euros that is not the Nations League. Havent seen England play since we lost in the wc semis.

Come on eNGLAND! Big Grin

I thought the Nations League was a pathway to qualifying for the Euros?

Now I'm confused.

And I genuinely do think we can win it.
The NL is a separate tournament, however doing well in it does lead to another chance to qualify for the Euros. It’s essentially a safety net if any of the more profitable teams like Holland fail to make it.
(10-12-2020, 07:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: The NL is a separate tournament, however doing well in it does lead to another chance to qualify for the Euros. It’s essentially a safety net if any of the more profitable teams like Holland fail to make it.

When you say 'do well' and 'chance'? This is my confusion. Can you actually  do poorly in the Real qualifiers and do well in the NL and qualify?
(10-12-2020, 07:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 07:12 PM)Duffers Wrote: The NL is a separate tournament, however doing well in it does lead to another chance to qualify for the Euros. It’s essentially a safety net if any of the more profitable teams like Holland fail to make it.

When you say 'do well' and 'chance'? This is my confusion. Can you actually  do poorly in the Real qualifiers and do well in the NL and qualify?

The NL splits the European teams into four leagues based on ability - top seeds like Belgium, France, etc in the top league, all the way down to the likes of San Marino, etc in tier 4. In each tier the teams are split into four groups of 3/4 teams by a random draw.

The team that finishes top of their group goes through to a semi final with the other three teams in the tier, then obviously a final. That’s the NL tournament. There is also promotion/relegation, finish top of your mini group and you’re promoted to the next tier up for next time the tournament happens, finish bottom and you’re relegated (Germany were relegated to tier 2 last time). That’s basically the NL tournament...

Then there’s an additional wrinkle where perfoming well, as in winning your group, will make you eligible for a playoff to get a shot at the next Euros if you haven’t already qualified. That’s how the Scots/NI/ROI have been in them this week.

It’s unnecessarily convoluted and utter bollocks.
(10-12-2020, 07:23 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 07:15 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

The NL splits the European teams into four leagues based on ability - top seeds like Belgium, France, etc in the top league, all the way down to the likes of San Marino, etc in tier 4. In each tier the teams are split into four groups of 3/4 teams by a random draw.

The team that finishes top of their group goes through to a semi final with the other three teams in the tier, then obviously a final. That’s the NL tournament. There is also promotion/relegation, finish top of your mini group and you’re promoted to the next tier up for next time the tournament happens, finish bottom and you’re relegated (Germany were relegated to tier 2 last time). That’s basically the NL tournament...

Then there’s an additional wrinkle where perfoming well, as in winning your group, will make you eligible for a playoff to get a shot at the next Euros if you haven’t already qualified. That’s how the Scots/NI/ROI have been in them this week.

It’s unnecessarily convoluted and utter bollocks.

Cheers mate. For elaborating!

I still don't get it but I do a bit more. So it favours the shite sides who win a few games?