How much do you dislike Trump?
In the uk, the floating vote gets larger with every year that passes. More people switch parties election to election than ever before.
I'm a floating voter. I've voted for all 3 main parties. On the whole I'd call myself a conservative liberal. I'm bewildered though at the nutters in America.
Whatever accusations and highbrow discussions you want about populism and us being like America, we've never seen such deranged madness in an office of power like we see from him.
America is truly screwed up and the Republicans need to take a good look at themselves for backing this hideous wannabe dictator.
My guess is the floating voters, who are the generally sane Americans will crawl on broken glass to vote Trump out.
His 20 stone conspiracy theory rednecks will follow him like David Koresh.
(10-09-2020, 01:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm a floating voter. I've voted for all 3 main parties. On the whole I'd call myself a conservative liberal. I'm bewildered though at the nutters in America.
Whatever accusations and highbrow discussions you want about populism and us being like America, we've never seen such deranged madness in an office of power like we see from him.
America is truly screwed up and the Republicans need to take a good look at themselves for backing this hideous wannabe dictator.
My guess is the floating voters, who are the generally sane Americans will crawl on broken glass to vote Trump out.

That’s the thing, because although he’s disliked, a lot still favour his economic policies over the democrats.
(10-09-2020, 01:12 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I'm a floating voter. I've voted for all 3 main parties. On the whole I'd call myself a conservative liberal. I'm bewildered though at the nutters in America.

They backed the winner! And had to to get the presidency. 

I dislike Trump a lot, but I also dislike Biden and Hilary just as much, luckily i'm not american
(10-09-2020, 01:16 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:

That’s the thing, because although he’s disliked, a lot still favour his economic policies over the democrats.
I think it's a blessing that the virus has been handled so badly by him and it's knocked the economy so badly. Without it I think it was well possible he could have got back in. I doubt he will now. I just hope he loses badly, which I really do expect he will.
trump has been an absolute dickhead as a president but great entertainment for non americans.

biden is a weirdo though who looks to me as if he wont even last a full term.
(10-13-2020, 02:38 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: trump has been an absolute dickhead as a president but great entertainment for non americans.

I do think that is something that is putting voters off Biden, the idea that a vote for him might actually end up being a vote for Kamala Harris.

It doesn't help when there are loads of lefties on Twitter and the like are saying that's the intention - that racist, sexist America won't vote for a black woman, so they have to force it on them via the back door.

Tbh if people aren't put off Trump by now then I don't think anything will dissuade them.
"I'm not a nerd Bart. Nerds are smart"
(10-09-2020, 12:49 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: In the uk, the floating vote gets larger with every year that passes. More people switch parties election to election than ever before.

I'd be interested to know where you get that idea.
(10-13-2020, 06:17 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-09-2020, 12:49 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote: In the uk, the floating vote gets larger with every year that passes. More people switch parties election to election than ever before.

I'd be interested to know where you get that idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co....s-39103972

I probably should have said over a longer period, not year to year.
(10-13-2020, 03:41 PM)Fall Out Boy Wrote:
(10-13-2020, 02:38 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: trump has been an absolute dickhead as a president but great entertainment for non americans.

I do think that is something that is putting voters off Biden, the idea that a vote for him might actually end up being a vote for Kamala Harris.

It doesn't help when there are loads of lefties on Twitter and the like are saying that's the intention - that racist, sexist America won't vote for a black woman, so they have to force it on them via the back door.

Tbh if people aren't put off Trump by now then I don't think anything will dissuade them.

Biden is the choice of the establishment, much like Clinton was. He's never been a political powerhouse, always a politician that has hung onto the coattails of others. Honestly, he's not a good candidate at all; he wasn't in his prime and he isn't now.

However, he's not Trump, and for that reason he should win, and I think he will. However, it'll be much closer than it should be.

The problem is that there's a fundamental difference in loyalty between democrats and republicans. Republicans are great at sticking together regardless of who is at the helm, democrats will be divided amongst themselves because who they want is not at the helm. There will be Bernie Sanders supporters who don't vote for Biden because they wanted Bernie. The same thing won't happen as much among republican voters.

I know some democrat voters who don't like Kamala Harris because she was the chief of police and there's this attitude that the police don't like people of colour, despite her being a "woman of colour". I also know republican voters who hated Trump beyond words but now will lap up every little piece of shit that he says.