World Beating
Hmm
It's almost as if they saw how far off the predictions of 50k cases a day were and had to do something about it.
What is it with British culture and being reliant on outdated technologies? France and Germany wouldn't being reliant on bloody CSV files.
£12 billion for an Excel Spreadsheet is just about the pinnacle of public procurement.
(10-05-2020, 02:46 PM)Protheroe Wrote: £12 billion for an Excel Spreadsheet is just about the pinnacle of public procurement.

This is what happens when private companies are brought in and do it on the cheap.
(10-05-2020, 02:46 PM)Protheroe Wrote: £12 billion for an Excel Spreadsheet is just about the pinnacle of public procurement.

In my experience the UK private sector love using excel spreadsheets more than anything as well for database applications.

This is a UK problem, not a public sector one.
(10-05-2020, 02:51 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

In my experience the UK private sector love using excel spreadsheets more than anything as well for database applications.

This is a UK problem, not a public sector one.

Of course it is, but Proth doesn't want to acknowledge that this is done by Serco, a private company who run, alongside companies like Capita and Interserve and similar huge amounts of the public sector services due to outsourcing public sector work to private sector companies.

Nonsense... this is what happens when a government doesn’t bother with tendering  and gives contracts to unsuitable companies and then foists Dido Data to lead it. Whilst those that support them try to pretend it’s the NHS And Public Health that is failing.
More money for Bill Gates I see....
(10-05-2020, 03:53 PM)baggiebuckster Wrote: More money for Bill Gates I see....

If I someone told me all this data was collected and compiled using Word I'd honestly have thought they were taking the piss. You couldn't make this up. I could try but it would be chucked back in my face. It's no longer funny or farcical it's simply contemptuous.