Defending
Seems to have become a dirty word again.

Don't get why people hate defending so much, and even the very top coaches seem to have forgotten the benefit of a well drilled and organised defence.
I'm not sure i want to see Pulisball again, but we need to go back to basics.
(10-04-2020, 07:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I'm not sure i want to see Pulisball again, but we need to go back to basics.

Not just us. I mean all over the league.

I detest Pulis ball too, it's also out of date. But this is ridiculous.
(10-04-2020, 07:34 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 07:33 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I'm not sure i want to see Pulisball again, but we need to go back to basics.

lack of crowd pressure plays a part, Birdy.
(10-04-2020, 07:35 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

A bit, but some of the defending has been comical.

Not seen one team so far where I really felt the defence had any form of cohesive plan to stop the opposition. Every team seems to think it's just a case of scoring as many as possible. It's very weird.
I think playing so many games since lockdown has had an effect plus lack of crowd makes players less nervous and take more risks.
(10-04-2020, 07:37 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(10-04-2020, 07:35 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

A bit, but some of the defending has been comical.

Not seen one team so far where I really felt the defence had any form of cohesive plan to stop the opposition. Every team seems to think it's just a case of scoring as many as possible. It's very weird.

Roy had a good balance when he was here, he was pragmatic and safety first but nowhere near as extreme as Pulis.
Not sure the crowd has as much effect as much as the Guardiola sycophants wanting to play out from the back.
(10-04-2020, 07:46 PM)clem4england Wrote: Not sure the crowd has as much effect as much as the Guardiola sycophants wanting to play out from the back.

Thing is. Playing out from the back is fine. Some very good defensive teams have done it. It's doing it stupidly that is the problem, and I'm not sure that's the biggest issue. These ridiculous high lines, the lack of shape in the defensive third, now that's a problem.
Big Sam and Pulis nailed on for jobs by Crimbo