0 wins in 8
Rather than a striker I’d prefer he was looking for a new Scharner/Yacob, but it doesn’t look likely.
(10-04-2020, 02:23 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: So some want Slaven sacked!!!! Unbelievable.
On that basis Johnny Giles would have been sacked in his first 8 weeks and there wouldn't have been 15,000 of us at Oldham that season. Is it too much to ask for a measured response to losing to an established Premier league side?

I don't want him sacked. However if Big Dave or any other rookie manager had been in charge for the last 8 games and the results and performances had been identical then pretty much everyone would be calling for them to go.

Bilic's likeability and performances from 10 months ago is saving him at the moment. Sheff Utd's squad last season are on a par with ours this season if we fail to beat Brighton then it's not just the quality of the players we should be questioning, but the manager.
(10-04-2020, 02:23 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: So some want Slaven sacked!!!! Unbelievable.
On that basis Johnny Giles would have been sacked in his first 8 weeks and there wouldn't have been 15,000 of us at Oldham that season. Is it too much to ask for a measured response to losing to an established Premier league side?

Spot on, 4 games in, a limited budget (when compared to other clubs), plus more compensation to pay out rather than invest in new players if sacked. Its symptomatic I'm afraid of the modern football world. He's no doubt pragmatic enough to know this will happen.

Previous game  a point gained against a top 4 side (should have been 3), why does the pendulum have to swing from one extreme to another! Johnstone gone from boo boy , now hero this week.

Poor performance today and questionable set up, and fans not happy I get, but talk of who the next manager should be, really....