US Presidential Election take 2
The thread below turned into a spat on the Corbyn regime.
Meanwhile, back on topic, how do you politically wise see what will happen if Trump loses?
I can see it getting near to Civil War there.
I would say the complete opposite.

Think there is far more chance of chaos and disorder if Trump wins - he seems to be completely indifferent to the concept of uniting the country.

I don't think you can say the same about Biden.

Trump brings an accelerant to the fire, Biden will bring a fire engine.
(10-02-2020, 06:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: I would say the complete opposite.

Think there is far more chance of chaos and disorder if Trump wins - he seems to be completely indifferent to the concept of uniting the country.

I don't think you can say the same about Biden.

Trump brings an accelerant to the fire, Biden will bring a fire engine.

My thoughts too. Hopefully it will be a bit like clearing out the frat house after the jocks have had their homecoming party.
(10-02-2020, 06:34 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: Biden will bring a fire engine.

I should hope Biden does bring a fire engine. He'll need it to stop BLM & Antifa gutting their own communities on whosever watch.
(10-01-2020, 10:00 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: The thread below turned into a spat on the Corbyn regime.

I've now deleted  it
It's looking ever more likely Trump will lose but with his arguments about the huge postal ballot being corrupt and the potential of him taking the result through the court which may well rule in his favour, it's going to be one messy outcome just within the political realm - never mind what might happen on the streets!
(10-03-2020, 12:41 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: It's looking ever more likely Trump will lose

Never overestimate the US electorate.
(10-05-2020, 10:03 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(10-03-2020, 12:41 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote: It's looking ever more likely Trump will lose

LOL true !!  Sexist moron v potential pedo - and we think we have it bad with our choices for leaders!
(10-05-2020, 06:04 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:

LOL true !!  Sexist moron v potential pedo - and we think we have it bad with our choices for leaders!

The real problem will come with the count. It may well be that Trump will be leading until the postal votes are opened and added - which many psephologists (get you!) predict may result in him then losing the electoral college numbers needed. Cue endless court cases until it reaches the Supreme Court for a verdict and … hey, guess what?! The 6-3 Republican majority now installed give the result to Trump!!!
(10-05-2020, 08:35 PM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(10-05-2020, 06:04 PM)FenlandBoing Wrote:

The real problem will come with the count. It may well be that Trump will be leading until the postal votes are opened and added - which many psephologists (get you!) predict may result in him then losing the electoral college numbers needed. Cue endless court cases until it reaches the Supreme Court for a verdict and … hey, guess what?! The 6-3 Republican majority now installed give the result to Trump!!!

yep it's going to be messy