Booking.com
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenkins.
(02-13-2018, 12:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Is back in the house.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Yes, if Jenkins is the answer then fck knows what the question is !!

PS
Maybe we want to further reduce the ground capacity and fan base ?
(02-13-2018, 04:03 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 03:56 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 01:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 01:09 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:52 PM)baggy1 Wrote: So that this doesn't get drawn out into a row between Derek and someone else and everyone starts quoting past comments that prove they are right, can you just let me know how Jenkins made himself rich and what he actually did wrong?

I could if I had all day. To be honest, I’m too pissed off to write sensibly so for now I think I’ll leave it at that.

Were you a fan of Adrian Wright?

I don’t know him well enough to have a strong opinion one way or the other. Why?

I do know that Jenkins is the antithesis of everything a progressive, forward thinking football club should be. It’s all very well for supporters to rejoice in the bloodletting, but when everyone has had their fill and relegation still beckons, what then? We’re going to be left with this tyrannical cunt running the joint and an owner hanging on his every word because he has literally nobody else to advise him.

If Jenkins is around for any longer than it takes to make a load of people redundant, the fans will very quickly change their tune.

I know very little about Jenkins, he might well be a complete cunt, and your point may well be correct, but terms like "progressive forward thinking" really are complete bollocks words that mean jack all. I have enough of that shit in the office.

I’m sorry you’ve had a bad day at work.

I’ll clarify. A club that is run like a modern football club, with fan engagement being a core part of the management strategy. Not a club that is run like an investment bank, with the fans treated as low grade customers and the club’s reputation and image seen as costs to be mitigated.

If this doesn’t resonate, think about the shitty away ticket allocations, the be-all-and-end-all ticket pricing strategies, the pinstripe shirts, the appalling treatment of the Astle family prior to Astle Day, the ban on flyers, the shocking attempts to ‘monetise’ the Albion Foundation, the reneging on the promise to increase the ground capacity in order to - and I quote - ‘attract the next generation of supporters’, the treatment of the club’s poorly paid staff, and a hundred other things I can’t think to recall without trying harder. 

‘Gimme Six’ is every bit as anti-football off the field as Pulis was on it; and he’s an arsehole to boot. He shouldn’t be within 50 miles of making management policy decisions at a football club.
(02-13-2018, 05:39 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 01:09 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: I could if I had all day. To be honest, I’m too pissed off to write sensibly so for now I think I’ll leave it at that.

I don’t know him well enough to have a strong opinion one way or the other. Why?

I do know that Jenkins is the antithesis of everything a progressive, forward thinking football club should be. It’s all very well for supporters to rejoice in the bloodletting, but when everyone has had their fill and relegation still beckons, what then? We’re going to be left with this tyrannical cunt running the joint and an owner hanging on his every word because he has literally nobody else to advise him.

If Jenkins is around for any longer than it takes to make a load of people redundant, the fans will very quickly change their tune.

I know very little about Jenkins, he might well be a complete cunt, and your point may well be correct, but terms like "progressive forward thinking" really are complete bollocks words that mean jack all. I have enough of that shit in the office.

I’ll clarify. A club that is run like a modern football club, with fan engagement being a core part of the management strategy. Not a club that is run like an investment bank, with the fans treated as low grade customers and the club’s reputation and image seen as costs to be mitigated.

If this doesn’t resonate, think about the shitty away ticket allocations, the be-all-and-end-all ticket pricing strategies, the pinstripe shirts, the appalling treatment of the Astle family prior to Astle Day, the ban on flyers, the shocking attempts to ‘monetise’ the Albion Foundation, the reneging on the promise to increase the ground capacity in order to - and I quote - ‘attract the next generation of supporters’, the treatment of the club’s poorly paid staff, and a hundred other things I can’t think to recall without trying harder. 

‘Gimme Six’ is every bit as anti-football off the field as Pulis was on it; and he’s an arsehole to boot. He shouldn’t be within 50 miles of making management policy decisions at a football club.

Loffin, don't worry every day's bad at work.

I don't disagree, I just dislike phrases like that as they don't really mean anything. I remember it being used for managers like Paul Clement, and it just means fuck all.

I agree about all your points to do with shirts, fans etc, I just don't think its "progressive forward thinking" or modern - I think its basic. But the point then holds even more that they should get that right, as it is so basic!
Jenkins in to slash costs and sell player assets when relegation confirmed ? He'd probably love that; plus a chance to get back to his previous exploits in destroying fan relationships, any sign of ambition quashed and ground reduction !! Arrrrrghhhhhhhhh what a mess....

(02-13-2018, 01:09 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote: I could if I had all day. To be honest, I’m too pissed off to write sensibly so for now I think I’ll leave it at that.

Anyone know how Jenkins made on the takeover ?
(02-13-2018, 05:24 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:07 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: Is back in the house.

That's not necessarily a good thing.

Yes, if Jenkins is the answer then fck knows what the question is !!

PS
Maybe we want to further reduce the ground capacity and fan base ?

That's a certainty.

(02-13-2018, 12:44 PM)sickparrot Wrote: Is this a sign that Lai has a money back guarantee? Big Grin

IF we beat Southampton and draw away, dont expect a big allocation.

He'll probably take a 5k allocation for the semi.

(02-13-2018, 01:04 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:29 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:12 PM)Peachy Wrote: Unfuckingbelievable!!!!

Clusterfuck of a club!

Explain what Jenkins did wrong other than not massage the egos of fans who want to hear the club is huge despite almost every fact saying it’s not. 

He oversaw what a decade in the Prem which is the most successful period in thirty years.

There you go again off the top board Derek.

My clusterfuck comment was about us reappointing the man we got rid of 2 years ago. Did we look for anyone else? Did we interview anyone? Do any due diligence? Or did Lai and co think "we are in the shit. What do we do. I know lets appoint the old guy. That'll do it"

I know nothing of Jenkins other than what people have said on here. I just think it's a knee jerk appointment in a time of crisis.

Looks like we are going down anyway so why not sack Williams, Goodman, Pardew, Hammond etc in the summer. In the meantime do all the necessary moves now to bring in the right people for when they pull the plug.

I fail to see how this helps us for now until the end of the season.

Lai and Williams were desperate for him to stay.  It was his decision to go he wasn't got rid of.

(02-13-2018, 01:11 PM)Deeleys Wrote: I was only thinking last night that if I was Lai, I’d offer Jeremy a couple of million a year to be a consultant again.

How do you know JP wasn't retained as a consultant?

(02-13-2018, 04:55 PM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 04:19 PM)Duffmon Wrote: Do we know yet if Jenkins is back long term? Or is he just keeping the seat warm for the rest of the season while division dependant plans are made?

I think the bit of quote where he says ‘there is much to do’ suggests he’s not going to be simply keeping the seat warm, however long he does it for.

I sniff a 2nd tier!!

Jenkins is a fucking accountant.  So he must be a cunt,  de facto....from my experience.  Apologies to any other cunts on here  Big Grin
Having slept on it.... there are a couple of things in Jenkins favour

Although I'll continue to be optimistic and support the team, the odds are we are going down. If we do, he's probably the best man for the inevitable hatchet job to make sure the finances stay on an even keel.

I don't think he'd have allowed us to put ourselves right up against it with FFP etc and leave so little wriggle room in January.

I've heard he's basing himself at the training ground, so hopefully the fan based stuff is not on his priority list and will be left alone as it's going better, Liverpool ticket fiasco aside. Even he should understand that having the fans on side helps a survival bid. T-Mobile's campaign to mobilise the supporters was a massive factor in the last Great Escape.