Is this country now a kleptocracy
Genuine question
I had to google it but based on the evidence I would say partially (If it can be in the pregnant / not pregnant example) as they do seem to be dishing out contracts and government funds to friends and associates. I struggle to see how this hasn't been made a much bigger issue tbh.
It’s all perfectly acceptable. 

Yours 

Alice Protheroe
(09-11-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I had to google it but based on the evidence I would say partially (If it can be in the pregnant / not pregnant example) as they do seem to be dishing out contracts and government funds to friends and associates. I struggle to see how this hasn't been made a much bigger issue tbh.

You can say that again.

Some of the things that the UK Govt has done in the past 12 months beggar belief.
(09-11-2020, 04:17 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 10:53 AM)baggy1 Wrote: I had to google it but based on the evidence I would say partially (If it can be in the pregnant / not pregnant example) as they do seem to be dishing out contracts and government funds to friends and associates. I struggle to see how this hasn't been made a much bigger issue tbh.

You can say that again.

Some of the things that the UK Govt has done in the past 12 months beggar belief.

Those that voted for them cannot back down and admit they voted for the worst government in living memory because that would be an admission that their judgment was terrible. Instead they will twist themselves up in knots to justify their decision.
(09-11-2020, 11:16 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: It’s all perfectly acceptable. 

Yours 

Alice Protheroe

It’s always been the way.

Just like all of Blair’s chums run the judiciary

(09-11-2020, 04:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

You can say that again.

Those that voted for them cannot back down and admit they voted for the worst government in living memory because that would be an admission that their judgment was terrible. Instead they will twist themselves up in knots to justify their decision.

How many troops has Johnson sent to die on a lie?
(09-11-2020, 04:42 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:

Yours 

Alice Protheroe

You can say that again.

You do realise Boris Johnson actually voted for the Iraq War as an MP right? On top of voting for Parliament to commit to send British troops to die.

Ed Davey, meanwhile, voted against.
(09-11-2020, 05:17 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Yours 

Alice Protheroe

You can say that again.

You do realise Boris Johnson actually voted for the Iraq War as an MP right? On top of voting for Parliament to commit to send British troops to die.

Yes, but read the Chilcot Report. Blair misled Parliament.
(09-11-2020, 04:42 PM)Jack Halford Wrote: How many troops has Johnson sent to die on a lie?

There were 179 British troops that died in Iraq with 43 civilians dead. there are currently 65,000 excess deaths in the UK because of covid and at least 20,000 of them are as a result of the governments decision to send elderly patients back into the care homes without testing.

(09-11-2020, 04:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You do realise Boris Johnson actually voted for the Iraq War as an MP right? On top of voting for Parliament to commit to send British troops to die.

That's a daily occurrence with Johnson
(09-11-2020, 05:27 PM)Jack Halford Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 05:17 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote:

Yours 

Alice Protheroe

(09-11-2020, 04:17 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: You can say that again.

Mate, the Tories were chomping at the bit to get involved in Iraq before Blair even mentioned WMDs in Parliament. Iain Duncan Smith, then Tory leader, called for retaliatory action in Iraq before Blair even did and Boris Johnson voted with his then Tory handlers. That's not to mention that the claims made to Parliament by Blair clearly didn't hold up to any level of scrutiny which is why the Lib Dems decided to oppose intervention in Iraq while they did support action in Kosovo, the claims were clearly made with a foundation built of custard and any level of critical thinking, of which an MP surely has, would be able to decipher that it was rubbish. That's not to mention that the criticisms that Labour were found liable to in Chilcot also apply to the Tories.

As far as I care all 412 MPs who voted for action are implicit in the deaths of all British troops in Iraq and should be made to answer to the Hague for war crimes committed against Iraqi citizens in an outright unjust war as per UNSC resolution 1441, this includes the 146 Tory MPs of which Boris Johnson was one of.