Back to the Office
(09-04-2020, 08:03 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Agreed on all that Proth and maybe it will mean adding some better regulations around building in general to allow for conversions but I won't hold my breath on that one. And Cavendish House was just thrown out there as a (bad) example, I'll drive by the swan when I next pop over to see the MIL (where is it in relation to Tesco.) Why didn't they just knock it (CH) down because it has become almost a monument to how Dudley has declined since the old tax office was using it.

Thought it had been knocked down?
If it has it's been the last couple of years nick, last time I went up there was when the old man was in Russells Hall athough it might have been something recently.
Shyster renovators will be given "untendered for" contracts and stick some cladding on the external walls of those old 60s towers and they will look as good as new.
(09-04-2020, 11:08 AM)baggy1 Wrote: If it has it's been the last couple of years nick, last time I went up there was when the old man was in Russells Hall athough it might have been something recently.

I'm sure it was knocked down this year, mate. Perhaps to make way for the tram extention into the town ? Either way it was a mess.
(09-04-2020, 03:35 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 11:08 AM)baggy1 Wrote: If it has it's been the last couple of years nick, last time I went up there was when the old man was in Russells Hall athough it might have been something recently.

I'm sure it was knocked down this year, mate. Perhaps to make way for the tram extention into the town ? Either way it was a mess.

About time as well. And didn't know about the tram either, I take it they're running it up the disused trainline at the side of Trindle Road. That part of town holds good memories for me, my old man grew up in Bourne Street and always had a connection to the area. His funeral service was in the church up there. Shame the way it got run down, hopefully they're working to improve it all now by the sounds of it.
(09-04-2020, 03:40 PM)baggy1 Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 03:35 PM)Baggie_Nick Wrote:

About time as well. And didn't know about the tram either, I take it they're running it up the disused trainline at the side of Trindle Road. That part of town holds good memories for me, my old man grew up in Bourne Street and always had a connection to the area. His funeral service was in the church up there. Shame the way it got run down, hopefully they're working to improve it all now by the sounds of it.

It's part of the much needed extension between Wednesbury and Brierley Hill. The Metro line carries on through the disused line, through Great Bridge, the southern part of Tipton and into Dudley on the track before running into the roads into Dudley town centre past the castle and then joining back onto the old railway track before moving onto new track to link it to Merry Hill. So the only bit of the disused track it won't use is, hilariously, the bit next to Trindle Road.

Long term plan is to link it run it through to Stourbridge and make a loop into Birmingham via Halesowen, Quinton, Hagley Road and Broad St but that's still at the drawing board.
(09-04-2020, 04:24 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Long term plan is to link it run it through to Stourbridge and make a loop into Birmingham via Halesowen, Quinton, Hagley Road and Broad St but that's still at the drawing board.

Let's hope it stays there.
(09-11-2020, 03:39 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 04:24 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Long term plan is to link it run it through to Stourbridge and make a loop into Birmingham via Halesowen, Quinton, Hagley Road and Broad St but that's still at the drawing board.

Let's hope it stays there.

It's not going to, it's going to happen once the specifics are ironed out, the agreements are signed and funding is released for it as has happened with the rest of the Midlands Metro.

Seeing as the connection between Dudley and Stourbridge will predominantly be on disused railway lines linking into Stourbridge Junction, Bearwood and Quinton desperately needing better public transport connections with Birmingham City Centre and extending the line down Hagley Road towards Halesowen and Stourbridge from Quinton will barely have an effect given the aforementioned I don't see what you're complaining about unless you just want to be a NIMBY. It's probably going to be 2030 before it's fully completed anyway and the loop will be the last section completed so I'm at a loss as to why you'd be against it.