Harper
(08-01-2020, 03:31 PM)hudds Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 03:29 PM)Beachboysbaggie Wrote: People seem to expect the finished article almost immediately. He’s certainly not the finished article but I suspect that was the case with Mount, Choudhary et al. Give him some responsibility and he could thrive.

He's had responsibility.

Agreed. Slav gave him the opportunity this season. He was starting him a lot at the season outset and on a number of occassions he gave him an opportunity to come on and take the game by the scruff of the neck. He didn't - he just wandered around like Jar Jar Binks.
His game reminds me of a really weak Patrick Viera but with none of the steel so if he can get that in his game who knows but he is nowhere near good enough at the moment.
He would definitely benefit from a season long loan but I am not convinced he will ever possess the urgency that a central mid requires.
I agree with BBB. People are expecting way too much of him. He seems to have the talent, if he can just add a bit of nous to his game he will have a decent career. Way too soon to pass judgement, I'm glad we have him.
He looked good in patches, then faded and never seemed to get 'it' back.
Not good enough.

Move on. No time to waste.
He badly needs to play 30/40 games in the Championship and learn to be relied upon. He was only 20 this year, it is asking a lot to be dominating games in the middle of the pitch at that age. Sad that people have just labelled him not good enough when he has shown glimpses of real quality. 100% should be loaned out to a championship team where he is guaranteed to be playing.
I'm not saying he couldn't do it, but he needs to learn to be more pro-active than re-active. At the moment he looks like a player that doesn't really know what he should be doing. As said above, he has shown glimpses of quality but a player in his position needs to show more intelligence and have a dominating presence both in and out of possession of which he has shown neither. A loan is the safest bet. League 1 or championship. Wherever he'll play games. Charlton perhaps? I think he can become the real deal for us but he needs to be grounded and know that he needs to work bloody hard to get there.
(08-02-2020, 10:41 PM)aj21 Wrote: He badly needs to play 30/40 games in the Championship and learn to be relied upon. He was only 20 this year, it is asking a lot to be dominating games in the middle of the pitch at that age. Sad that people have just labelled him not good enough when he has shown glimpses of real quality. 100% should be loaned out to a championship team where he is guaranteed to be playing.

It’s why we’d never have a Ollie Watkins of 2017 develop into the 2020 version. We are an unforgiving fan base and don’t realise that potential takes time to grow/develop. 

I look at the likes of Griffiths, O’Shea, Harper, Field, Harper, Edwards, Leko, Tulloch, Rico Richards and Jovan Malcolm and genuinely believe 50% could go on to form a PL Squad
(08-03-2020, 06:19 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:
(08-02-2020, 10:41 PM)aj21 Wrote: He badly needs to play 30/40 games in the Championship and learn to be relied upon. He was only 20 this year, it is asking a lot to be dominating games in the middle of the pitch at that age. Sad that people have just labelled him not good enough when he has shown glimpses of real quality. 100% should be loaned out to a championship team where he is guaranteed to be playing.

It’s why we’d never have a Ollie Watkins of 2017 develop into the 2020 version. We are an unforgiving fan base and don’t realise that potential takes time to grow/develop. 

I look at the likes of Griffiths, O’Shea, Harper, Field, Harper, Edwards, Leko, Tulloch, Rico Richards and Jovan Malcolm and genuinely believe 50% could go on to form a PL Squad

One Rakeem Harper, there’s only one Rakeem Harper.
(08-03-2020, 07:01 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(08-03-2020, 06:19 AM)Super_Slav Wrote:

One Rakeem Harper, there’s only one Rakeem Harper.

Nah one of them comes from a nice family and will play for England one day, the other is an ass and let Dowling golden shower him in front of his nan!