The Eric Cantona advert
With the farmers. I love that advert. I chuckle every time I see it.
It has you 'hop'ping with laughter eh?
Strange but true fact Mrs HWB was the first journalist to interview Cantona when he joined Leeds (for the Yorkshire Evening Post, on account of her being a French graduate). In a broom cupboard apparently, make of that what you will. She is namechecked (and appears in the index) of his official autobiography, though disgracefully referred to as interpreter due to the Chief Football Writer being a complete fucking belllend and wanting to take all the credit. I have it on good authority he was not in the broom cupboard.

I'm not sure this is relevant at all but I thought I'd share it....
No that's a great story. I think he was a great player. I love how he pissed the authorities off and the fact he was able to walk away at the peak of his fame. Not many would do that.
He’s got a good sense of humour for a French person  Big Grin
Worra about, "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.   Big Grin
I like the look he gives the camera when the statue is revealed to be a farmer.
(07-27-2020, 05:39 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Strange but true fact Mrs HWB was the first journalist to interview Cantona when he joined Leeds (for the Yorkshire Evening Post, on account of her being a French graduate).  In a broom cupboard 

She didn’t interview Boris Becker by any chance did she?
(07-27-2020, 07:06 PM)4-hero Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 05:39 PM)HeavyWoollenBaggie Wrote: Strange but true fact Mrs HWB was the first journalist to interview Cantona when he joined Leeds (for the Yorkshire Evening Post, on account of her being a French graduate).  In a broom cupboard 

She didn’t interview Boris Becker by any chance did she?

I was waiting for that.  She does speak Grman as well...
Have you got a son with ginger hair and white eyelashes?