Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pardew says he is no further forward with bringing player in...
(01-13-2018, 09:22 PM)Paul Hill Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 09:12 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 02:41 PM)Paul Hill Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:33 PM)John Osbourne Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:59 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: Not a coincidence that the two most financially tight fisted and money-ball run clubs who were once hailed as the model of financial reality are now both propping up the Premiership. The Premiership is like Vegas, flash the cash or go home.
Not a great analogy imo. If you flash too much cash in Vegas you might end up living in a cardboard box under a flyover. 
At least if you know your limit you can go home to a decent roof over your head and have a chance to save a little, then go back next year for another flutter.
In fairness, it's all very well writing on a message board, spend x million pounds here and y million pounds there but we do not really know that state of the club's finances. Also, being in a precarious position, it can't be easy to persuade a player of the quality we need i.e. better than we have already, to come to us.

Here we go again just listen to whats being said - we need to spend zillions of pounds, better then the QUALITY!! we have already got??all
Who are these so called quality players we have. I've already spoken of this they are not good enough weather that's skill or effort 
you can decide. But the FACTS are they don't score enough goals and that's an end of it. They have all had enough time, its time to
get rid of them and get better players. I'm not interested in a 20-30 million pound fairy who falls over and cries off sick for 3 months.
A million quid for a player who is prepared to battle and wants to play every week and knows how to kick a ball between 2 posts will 
do fine. BOB TAYLOR type would be great. Stop convincing yourselves its to hard too play football unless your born gifted and cost zillions.
I'm really tired of all the negative crap - the players are out there - look around Jamie Vardy cost a million not exactly the most skillful player
but effort wise spot on and he knows how to kick a ball between 2 posts. Lets get positive and wake up.
Seem to remember Albion once took a punt and spent £5k on an unknown from Hayes some kid named REGIS,,,,did'nt turn out to bad did he , they're out there we just need the will to find them.

EXACTLY - Get half a dozen in at least its doing something as apposed to doing FA

Half a dozen what? Eggs?
(01-13-2018, 09:24 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 09:22 PM)Paul Hill Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:33 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Not a great analogy imo. If you flash too much cash in Vegas you might end up living in a cardboard box under a flyover. 
At least if you know your limit you can go home to a decent roof over your head and have a chance to save a little, then go back next year for another flutter.
In fairness, it's all very well writing on a message board, spend x million pounds here and y million pounds there but we do not really know that state of the club's finances. Also, being in a precarious position, it can't be easy to persuade a player of the quality we need i.e. better than we have already, to come to us.

Here we go again just listen to whats being said - we need to spend zillions of pounds, better then the QUALITY!! we have already got??all
Who are these so called quality players we have. I've already spoken of this they are not good enough weather that's skill or effort 
you can decide. But the FACTS are they don't score enough goals and that's an end of it. They have all had enough time, its time to
get rid of them and get better players. I'm not interested in a 20-30 million pound fairy who falls over and cries off sick for 3 months.
A million quid for a player who is prepared to battle and wants to play every week and knows how to kick a ball between 2 posts will 
do fine. BOB TAYLOR type would be great. Stop convincing yourselves its to hard too play football unless your born gifted and cost zillions.
I'm really tired of all the negative crap - the players are out there - look around Jamie Vardy cost a million not exactly the most skillful player
but effort wise spot on and he knows how to kick a ball between 2 posts. Lets get positive and wake up.
Seem to remember Albion once took a punt and spent £5k on an unknown from Hayes some kid named REGIS,,,,did'nt turn out to bad did he , they're out there we just need the will to find them.

EXACTLY - Get half a dozen in at least its doing something as apposed to doing FA

Half a dozen what? Eggs?

Arf!
(01-13-2018, 09:21 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 12:59 PM)bangalorebaggie Wrote: Not a coincidence that the two most financially tight fisted and money-ball run clubs who were once hailed as the model of financial reality are now both propping up the Premiership. The Premiership is like Vegas, flash the cash or go home.
Not a great analogy imo. If you flash too much cash in Vegas you might end up living in a cardboard box under a flyover. 

The game has changed considerably since those days. Half the Prem are looking for a decent striker, they have some of the best scouts in the world looking for players and even if you find one the selling club know Prem clubs have stupid amounts of cash to spend, so prices go up. It’s really not as easy both of you are making out.

Never said it would be cheap like back then but 2-3 mill may just unearth a gem,, hard to find l know but if you don't bother to look.

The game has changed considerably since those days. Half the Prem are looking for a decent striker, they have some of the best scouts in the world looking for players and even if you find one the selling club know Prem clubs have stupid amounts of cash to spend, so prices go up. It’s really not as easy both of you are making out.

Nothing is easy, I never said it was. But what are we doing FA. Who have we bought in NO-ONE.
We buy a player for 15M who is not ready, I'm glad i'm not on the same planet as whoever made
that decision. Its as hard as you appear to want to make it, have you considered joining the board.
(01-13-2018, 09:36 PM)Paul Hill Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 01:33 PM)John Osbourne Wrote: Not a great analogy imo. If you flash too much cash in Vegas you might end up living in a cardboard box under a flyover. 

Nothing is easy, I never said it was. But what are we doing FA. Who have we bought in NO-ONE.
We buy a player for 15M who is not ready, I'm glad i'm not on the same planet as whoever made
that decision. Its as hard as you appear to want to make it, have you considered joining the board.

Have you thought about joining Mensa?

Doesn't the likes of AP know just one??  if he don't he shouldn't be in the game. Brian Clough got donkeys to
play - the weren't skillful but they put a shift in when they got the shirt on. That's what i'm talking about.

(01-13-2018, 09:41 PM)Paul Hill Wrote:

Doesn't the likes of AP know just one??  if he don't he shouldn't be in the game. Brian Clough got donkeys to
play - the weren't skillful but they put a shift in when they got the shirt on. That's what i'm talking about.
Here's an interesting clip for the people who have lost the will to live - just read it and keep telling yourself it cant be done.
Even the richest clubs in the world can only go so far without a reliable goalscorer, and Forest Green certainly had one of those this season in the shape of former Dagenham and Redbridge frontman Christian Doidge.
His 27th goal of the campaign put Forest Green 2-1 up at Wembley this season, as he found the back of the net with a typically crisp finish.
"He is an unbelievable professional. If you had 11 or 12 of him in your squad, you wouldn't go far wrong," Cooper said.
"He's just desperate to be a footballer, works hard every day. And he's getting better and better. Someone said at the start of the season 'he'll never score 20 goals' - he's definitely shut them up."
I'm not in Mensa but it can be done. How did Leicester win the league, how did BCFC beat MU, they believed and put
the effort in. They certainly didn't buy anything.