Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Finished my first week back in teaching
(01-12-2018, 06:41 PM)Baggpuss Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:55 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:48 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote: Only part-time and my lighter of two weeks but a big step......feeling good!

Good man, dig in!

(01-12-2018, 04:04 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:01 PM)RainbowTurnedEastStand Wrote: I feel really sorry for these teachers having the same holiday`s as the kids get and actually getting paid for it

Thanks for that but there is a bit more to it.

Unbelievable that people post this 
My teacher ex worked her tits off every evening and weekend as well as a lot of the holidays
Still, don't let the facts get in the way of the Mail and Sun narrative

I think that is the same for quite a few jobs now.
I know a girl who had a breakdown as a Social Worker after dealing with children.
Also a Psychiatric nurse who himself became a patient.
Also, my mate who is a copper with 20+ years tells me some very harrowing stories.
Fair play to anybody doing these jobs as I certainly couldn't!

Agreed. I was talking to a teacher a few yrs back and she was showing me the criteria for marking homework their school had introduced in order to comply with some standards from ofsted. It was absolutely barmy, I can’t remember the details but I figured out it took around 10 mins a piece. She had a class of 30 kids and as a primary teacher, there were no free periods for her to mark in so she ended up taking taking most of it home with her.
All that for less than 30k I think, no fucking way I’d be doing it especially when you add in the shit from what they now call management and also the parents.

(01-12-2018, 07:51 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:48 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote: Only part-time and my lighter of two weeks but a big step......feeling good!

This is good news and pleases me.

+1
(01-12-2018, 08:05 PM)King Astle Wrote:

Good man, dig in!

(01-12-2018, 04:04 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:01 PM)RainbowTurnedEastStand Wrote: I feel really sorry for these teachers having the same holiday`s as the kids get and actually getting paid for it

Thanks for that but there is a bit more to it.

My teacher ex worked her tits off every evening and weekend as well as a lot of the holidays

I know a girl who had a breakdown as a Social Worker after dealing with children.
Also, my mate who is a copper with 20+ years tells me some very harrowing stories.

Agreed. I was talking to a teacher a few yrs back and she was showing me the criteria for marking homework their school had introduced in order to comply with some standards from ofsted. It was absolutely barmy, I can’t remember the details but I figured out it took around 10 mins a piece. She had a class of 30 kids and as a primary teacher, there were no free periods for her to mark in so she ended up taking taking most of it home with her.
All that for less than 30k I think, no fucking way I’d be doing it especially when you add in the shit from what they now call management and also the parents.

You’ve got a real sense of entitlement and a pretty shit attitude and work ethic going by that post.
(01-13-2018, 06:54 AM)Our Mate Hegazi Wrote:

Good man, dig in!

(01-12-2018, 04:04 PM)WallofTrewick Wrote: Thanks for that but there is a bit more to it.

You’ve got a real sense of entitlement and a pretty shit attitude and work ethic going by that post.

Of course I have. I mean, why wouldn’t any young person who has just got themselves in debt to the tune of around 35 k to finance a degree consider a role where they are expected to put in probably 2-3 hrs unpaid work a day for a wage which would make it almost impossible to buy a decent house and pay off their debt? 
It’s not like I have done 12-14 shifts to get a foothold in my line of work, financed my own training, commute 5 hrs a day or spend 3-4 days a week away from my kids and then usually put in at least 3-4 hrs of a weekend researching or learning new technologies or anything either. 
I’ve even had to give up bumming my brother of a weekend.

(01-13-2018, 07:17 AM)King Astle Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 04:55 PM)Donegal Wrote: Good man, dig in!

Of course I have. I mean, why wouldn’t any young person who has just got themselves in debt to the tune of around 35 k to finance a degree consider a role where they are expected to put in probably 2-3 hrs unpaid work a day for a wage which would make it almost impossible to buy a decent house and pay off their debt? 
It’s not like I have done 12-14 shifts to get a foothold in my line of work, financed my own training, commute 5 hrs a day or spend 3-4 days a week away from my kids and then usually put in at least 3-4 hrs of a weekend researching or learning new technologies or anything either. 

Don't feed the troll
He's still commuting from Highley on the bus for half a shift shovelling shit behind McDonalds
Between sessions of brotherly love.
(01-13-2018, 09:19 AM)Donegal Wrote:
(01-13-2018, 07:17 AM)King Astle Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 06:41 PM)Baggpuss Wrote: I think that is the same for quite a few jobs now.

Don't feed the troll
He's still commuting from Highley on the bus for half a shift shovelling shit behind McDonalds
Between sessions of brotherly love.

Does Josh do the other half?
It's like whack a mole with banning the inbred fucker
Banned and pops up again
Posts the sash, yet he's still here
(01-13-2018, 09:29 AM)Donegal Wrote: It's like whack a mole with banning the inbred fucker
Banned and pops up again
Posts the sash, yet he's still here

I dont mind him being on here. Reading his posts are the intellectual equivalent of taking a trip to Wolverhampton to make yourself feel fashionable

Good man WoT. It certainly doesnt get any easier. But glad you are having another crack. The point about schools being desperate is certainly true.

Whilst I'm still teaching i've also managed to diversify a bit and pick up some other areas. It doesnt make it easier but it at least keeps things fresh and makes classroom time more manageable.
Many thanks for all the supportive comments and good wishes, it means a lot.

Making it through this week was a challenge but I'm really pleased to have done it. Obviously it might still not work out over time as I've still been rather anxious but it has been much better than expected.

I'm in BRE E13 H 100 today if anybody around there wants to come and punch me or say hello!