Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow - Biggest match since...?
(01-12-2018, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: It's definitely a really would want to win game, but defeat isn't terminal.

In recent seasons Wigan, Sunderland, Leicester have been in deeper trouble with fewer games to go and still escaped.

But a win tomorrow would certainly lighten the mood.

Agree that it's a big game, but it's still only just over half way through the season.
However, we have to start winning sometime if we are to save the season so after missing some great opportunities of late we can't keep on like this and hope it'll turn right in time.
I think if we don't win tomorrow it'll be extremely tough to get out of it. It's the hope that we need.
(01-12-2018, 01:19 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: It's definitely a really would want to win game, but defeat isn't terminal.

In recent seasons Wigan, Sunderland, Leicester have been in deeper trouble with fewer games to go and still escaped.

But a win tomorrow would certainly lighten the mood.

Agree that it's a big game, but it's still only just over half way through the season.
However, we have to start winning sometime if we are to save the season so after missing some great opportunities of late we can't keep on like this and hope it'll turn right in time.
I think if we don't win tomorrow it'll be extremely tough to get out of it. It's the hope that we need.

I don’t agree with people saying it’s just another game or no bigger than the last one. This feels different, as someone said above this feels like a line in the sand moment that will define the season. We stand and fight or we accept our fate and go down.

Hopefully the players see it as the former.
The more I think about it the more I'm convinced we'll win tomorrow
(01-12-2018, 10:25 AM)TheOddOne Wrote: The last few games have been our 'biggest match' sign of a shite club. We are down.

How are we down when if we win tomorrow we're one point from safety with 15 games to play  Huh
(01-12-2018, 02:30 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 10:25 AM)TheOddOne Wrote: The last few games have been our 'biggest match' sign of a shite club. We are down.

How are we down when if we win tomorrow we're one point from safety with 15 games to play  Huh

Assuming of course those above us all loose!
It's important we win but nothing gets settled tomorrow. 

And if we win it doesn't mean we're safe.  

The game against Pimpey was a 'must-win', we're nowhere near that yet.  

Hope 'humpty- dumpty' is well.   Wink
...the last time we were in the shitter at the bottom of The Prem! Pepe Mel era?
Fugg off Villa and Dingle scum!
(01-12-2018, 03:05 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:

Spoilsport!
(01-12-2018, 06:45 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:05 PM)Tetley74 Wrote:

Spoilsport!
Clinging to the flimsiest of straws Confused
At least we haven’t started to get excited when teams above us drop points

Oh... we did that a couple of weeks ago.