Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow - Biggest match since...?
(01-12-2018, 10:37 AM)Gewonenzow Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 10:25 AM)TheOddOne Wrote: The last few games have been our 'biggest match' sign of a shite club. We are down.

Only the top three have beaten us at home this season.

Brighton, Southampton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Burnley, Swansea - all winnable.

Give everything tomorrow. Get a win. Make a start.

+1. And we seem to have a habit this season of nicking points off top 6 sides.
Biggest match since Norwich away under Mel.
It's definitely a really would want to win game, but defeat isn't terminal.

In recent seasons Wigan, Sunderland, Leicester have been in deeper trouble with fewer games to go and still escaped.

But a win tomorrow would certainly lighten the mood.
(01-12-2018, 10:49 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: It's definitely a really would want to win game, but defeat isn't terminal.

In recent seasons Wigan, Sunderland, Leicester have been in deeper trouble with fewer games to go and still escaped.

But a win tomorrow would certainly lighten the mood.

IMO any Albion fan who can attend....MUST attend. Raise the roof. We score in first 25 mins...we will win
Biggest game in years.
I tried to make it tomorrow but have to work Saturday night.

Make lots of noise people, we need a win so much now, for the points, but also for confidence, fail to win this one and I think we'd have entered forgotten how to win territory. Sort of problem that carries over to the next season.
(01-12-2018, 11:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I tried to make it tomorrow but have to work Saturday night.

Make lots of noise people, we need a win so much now, for the points, but also for confidence, fail to win this one and I think we'd have entered forgotten how to win territory. Sort of problem that carries over to the next season.

Unfortunately, i feel we've been firmly in such territory since the Newcastle surrender. 

Looking at the table I just can't see how we're going to catch and out-point the teams above us. We need 2 new forwards as a minimum - One who can create and another who can score. If we don't recruit we will finish bottom and break the winless PL run record.

Leicester did it from a worse position but Pearson was doing an awful job with the likes of Vardy and Mharez at his disposal.
(01-12-2018, 10:08 AM)Baggie66 Wrote: West Ham at home a few seasons ago was pretty much the same. I remember we went 1-0 up and then clung on until the end with no little help from the crowd who were magnificent that day.

This. I remember that game like it was yesterday. Amalfitano crossed to the moody cunt for a tap in in the 10th minute I thing?, and the crowd carried the team through the rest of the game. Was so damn tense.
(01-12-2018, 11:35 AM)brada_wba Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 11:29 AM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I tried to make it tomorrow but have to work Saturday night.

Unfortunately, i feel we've been firmly in such territory since the Newcastle surrender. 

Looking at the table I just can't see how we're going to catch and out-point the teams above us. We need 2 new forwards as a minimum - One who can create and another who can score. If we don't recruit we will finish bottom and break the winless PL run record.

Leicester did it from a worse position but Pearson was doing an awful job with the likes of Vardy and Mharez at his disposal.

This is the concern, people say “other clubs escaped from much worse situations“, which is true. However in those cases it’s been good players who have been underperforming suddenly picking back up (Leicester) or clubs bringing in a manager who can inspire and organise (Big Sam at Sunderland). I fear we have neither of those.
Both my son and I will be at the game, struggled to get seats next to each other that were decent
but finally got it sorted.

This one matters, a win would lift the supporters and the players and perhaps the owner seeing how
the atmosphere can make such a difference, might just make him push the limits a little on  any new
target.