Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tomorrow - Biggest match since...?
Tomorrow's a big one, no doubt about it. Potentially season defining, win and there's hope again, lose and well... we all know where we're going.

Can't remember the last match we played with so much perceived to be riding on it. Portsmouth? The play offs?
West Ham at home a few seasons ago was pretty much the same. I remember we went 1-0 up and then clung on until the end with no little help from the crowd who were magnificent that day.
A few games in the Mel era were similar. But agree, a huge game tomorrow.
When we went to Molinuex under Roy we were 17th and they were 18th IIRC and there was a real feeling before the match that the result would define both teams' futures.

How right we were.
West Ham away a couple of weeks ago.

(01-12-2018, 10:12 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote: West Ham away a couple of weeks ago.

And I'm not beimg flippant. Losing that meant we lost touch with the teams above us and let West Ham get away from the drop zone.
(01-12-2018, 10:12 AM)UCEbaggie Wrote: West Ham away a couple of weeks ago.

You beat me to it.
(01-12-2018, 10:08 AM)Baggie66 Wrote: West Ham at home a few seasons ago was pretty much the same. I remember we went 1-0 up and then clung on until the end with no little help from the crowd who were magnificent that day.

A repeat of that would do nicely.
The last few games have been our 'biggest match' sign of a shite club. We are down.
(01-12-2018, 10:05 AM)Duffmon Wrote: Tomorrow's a big one, no doubt about it. Potentially season defining, win and there's hope again, lose and well... we all know where we're going.

Can't remember the last match we played with so much perceived to be riding on it. Portsmouth? The play offs?

Greeks vs Persians at Thermopylae Stadium.
(01-12-2018, 10:25 AM)TheOddOne Wrote: The last few games have been our 'biggest match' sign of a shite club. We are down.

Only the top three have beaten us at home this season.

Brighton, Southampton, Huddersfield, Leicester, Burnley, Swansea - all winnable.

Give everything tomorrow. Get a win. Make a start.