Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who'd want to be a young bloke on the pull these days?
(01-11-2018, 10:17 PM)SophieX Wrote: Just for clarity: grabbing a girl's tit during an uninvited kiss is sexual assault. Just in case anyone a) thought it was ok b) they don't fancy signing a register.

IMO, the bit about getting scowled at for opening doors is plain bollocks - I do it daily, almost as chivelrously as FF would, and never get a dirty look.  People are wilfully conflating different parts on sometimes different, sometimes the same scale.

That scale goes from grey to black (but doesn't include holding a door open for someone unless you're looking down their top) and, whilst I have sympathy with the downtrodden men who can't suppress their libido in the workplace, nobody is seriously suggesting flirtation should be banned.  They're just saying you're fucking rubbish at it/a borderline sex case.

Plus 1. How dare a woman complain about being groped and kissed against her will.  Confused
Well it's not bollocks cause it happened. There's really no point in inventing such a mundane life event.

There's a big difference between light flirting and grabbing someones tits while trying to kiss them, and yes, some are trying to ban the former. The idea that whether you're good at flirting or not is only as relevant as the sensibilities of the other party involved. While most would feel uncomfortable dealing with a "borderline sex case" apparently holding a door is also an offensive display of power to some.

It's a sliding scale.
(01-11-2018, 10:07 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:05 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It’s not rocket science, all these men have to do is not sexually assault anyone.

You make it sound so easy...  Big Grin

Easier just to listen ay it Mon?

[quote pid='186718' dateline='1515703924']

Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend

Not every day is 
https://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/news/...y-11599228

Can't say I've ever listened to sexual assault if I'm honest. Are you ok?
[/quote]

Sorry. Shit attempt at a joke

(01-11-2018, 10:17 PM)SophieX Wrote: Just for clarity: grabbing a girl's tit during an uninvited kiss is sexual assault. Just in case anyone a) thought it was ok b) they don't fancy signing a register.

IMO, the bit about getting scowled at for opening doors is plain bollocks - I do it daily, almost as chivelrously as FF would, and never get a dirty look.  People are wilfully conflating different parts on sometimes different, sometimes the same scale.

That scale goes from grey to black (but doesn't include holding a door open for someone unless you're looking down their top) and, whilst I have sympathy with the downtrodden men who can't suppress their libido in the workplace, nobody is seriously suggesting flirtation should be banned.  They're just saying you're fucking rubbish at it/a borderline sex case.

Where does tit cricket in Highley rank?
(01-11-2018, 10:30 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Well it's not bollocks cause it happened. There's really no point in inventing such a mundane life event.

There would be if you were trying to create a narrative that didn’t exist. 
Strangely I always hold doors open for people (men and women) and not once in the hundreds, if not thousands of times I have done it, has a woman ever been anything other than grateful.

[quote pid='186782' dateline='1515709929']

Where does tit cricket in Highley rank?
[/quote]

Lowly
(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It’s not rocket science, all these men have to do is not sexually assault anyone.

"Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend"

Not every day is 
The bit about there being an orange parade in Dingle made me loff

(01-11-2018, 10:44 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:30 PM)ASOGF Wrote: Well it's not bollocks cause it happened. There's really no point in inventing such a mundane life event.

Strangely I always hold doors open for people (men and women) and not once in the hundreds, if not thousands of times I have done it, has a woman ever been anything other than grateful.

I don't give a shit about a "narrative". Every other person I've ever held the door for I think has also been very grateful. It's not a common event, so it's not a massive surprise that you've never experienced it. It also wouldn't be a surprise to me if you had at some point. However I find it really hard to believe that you don't think it's something that would ever happen.
(01-11-2018, 10:46 PM)King Astle Wrote:

"Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend"

Not every day is 
The bit about there being an orange parade in Dingle made me loff

Are mirrors on your shoes out of order ?
(01-11-2018, 10:48 PM)ASOGF Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 10:44 PM)King Astle Wrote:

I don't give a shit about a "narrative". Every other person I've ever held the door for I think has also been very grateful. It's not a common event, so it's not a massive surprise that you've never experienced it. It also wouldn't be a surprise to me if you had at some point. However I find it really hard to believe that you don't think it's something that would ever happen.

So it’s the only time it’s ever happened to you but you thought it was so indicative of how society is that you thought you’d mention it???

No, I thought it added to the discussion. Clearly I was right, because you're talking about it.