Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who'd want to be a young bloke on the pull these days?
(01-11-2018, 08:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)ASOGF Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm pretty sure keeping a door open for someone won't become taboo any time soon.

Funny you should say that, I held the door for someone the other day who gave me an aggressive look and said "what makes you think I need a man to hold a door for me?"

I should have thought of something witty to say, but just told the truth, which is "I'd hold the door for whoever. It doesn't matter that you're a woman".

I'm with DK on this one. It's a minefield.

You walk PC streets I have never been down clearly.

Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend
(01-11-2018, 08:47 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)ASOGF Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm pretty sure keeping a door open for someone won't become taboo any time soon.

Funny you should say that, I held the door for someone the other day who gave me an aggressive look and said "what makes you think I need a man to hold a door for me?"

I should have thought of something witty to say, but just told the truth, which is "I'd hold the door for whoever. It doesn't matter that you're a woman".

I'm with DK on this one. It's a minefield.

You walk PC streets I have never been down clearly.

It's not the majority who act like that, but I'd say it's a growing minority. And with the way the media are plugging the 'all men are sex-pests' line practically unchallenged, it's only going to get worse.

Who'd want to be a young bloke on the pull these days?
I would not mind but then I am 71
Why do some blokes feel the need to become victims of a perceived society that doesnt exist?

I work with loads of women aged 19 to 67 and havent noticed any change in what fun or banter occurs. Im aware that as im fast approaching 50 that i dont want to appear to be an old lech that i tend to confine the risquier banter to those 35plus.

Have fun test the boundaries and if you are lucky you might get your fingers stinky.
(01-11-2018, 09:14 PM)denboy54693 Wrote: Who'd want to be a young bloke on the pull these days?
I would not mind but then I am 71

One of those selfish 'boomers' eh. Having Benefiting from all that old fashioned perving and fondling and now denying it to the young intelliget generation.
It’s a moral panic, as these things are. It’ll calm down. Give it a couple of months and we’ll be back to tit cricket and suggestive comments.
(01-11-2018, 06:49 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote: Had this chat over the weekend with our old neighbour, who is a woman in her early 60s, and she was saying to me and my wife how confusing and scary it must be for men in this new climate post Harvey Weinstein. I found her views refreshing. 
Also, it's been good to see the French actress Catherine Deneuve has said likewise, because I'd be petrified now how to play it on the pull as the rules of my era seem to have been overtaken by a very dangerous and judgmental juggernaut.
Firstly, for the Guardian readers and the likes,  I'd like to say some of the stuff these blokes did that are being reported are just plain sexual assault/rape and I don't condone anything that some of these characters did in a position of power.
However, looking at that #me too thing on Twitter, which I have to as part of my work, just had me shaking my head in disbelief at how pathetic some folk are.
There was a 'bloke', yes 'a bloke' who said how distressed he was because his lady boss kept on making lewd comments to him and mentioning his hairy chest. He said how it led to depression!
If that was me and I'd told my mates about that, they'd have said: "Well did you give her one and if not why not?" Yep, basic blokey stuff, but sorry I have no sympathy for this guy that he couldn't handle, what was at worst a bit of banter.
Also, there was a woman who said how a workmate had plied her with drink and then in the pub tried shoving his tongue down her throat, and in doing so had also grabbed one of her hooters.
Now, it's unpleasant, but surely the vast majority of women has had some similar tale to tell. OK, the bloke wasn't her type, he chanced his arm, but really it's a bit different from meeting a powerful Hollywood mogul in a bathrobe and then him getting bollock naked and chasing them around a hotel room, which started this whole subject.
Being honest, I think most blokes have at least once in their lives misread the signals from a woman, or maybe clumsily attempted to cop off with a girl who really doesn't want to know on a long shot.
Blokes have been labelled now as sex offending perverts for touching women on the knee or even coming out with jokes that backfired. These folks were just deemed creeps or chancers by the generation of women I grew up alongside.
It's a very scary time to be a bloke and I really hope we can see a bit of commonsense, because at the minute there is a terrible witch-hunt, which whilst good for capturing the predatory sex pests is wrecking many decent chaps. 
Sadly though I think getting this message out is tough. We live in a era of ridiculous over-reaction, and where taking offence and giving a label is generally the starting point for every action. PC madness as usual.
Incidentally, two women in Walsall, grabbed my nuts from behind when I was at the bar in the Dilke back in the late 80s. I have learnt to deal with that without the need to get therapy. 
In all. I'm so glad to have been a young bloke in the 80s and 90s out on the town. We have to move forward, but I can't see what's happening now is at all healthy for men or women.

Cut to the chase. Did you shag her or not?
(01-11-2018, 07:05 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It’s not rocket science, all these men have to do is not sexually assault anyone.

You make it sound so easy...  Big Grin

Easier just to listen ay it Mon?

"Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend"

Not every day is 
https://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/news/...y-11599228
(01-11-2018, 10:00 PM)Donegal Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:05 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Duffmon Wrote: It’s not rocket science, all these men have to do is not sexually assault anyone.

You make it sound so easy...  Big Grin

Easier just to listen ay it Mon?

[quote pid='186718' dateline='1515703924']

Southport is nice in summer. I highly recommend

Not every day is 
https://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/news/...y-11599228
[/quote]

Can't say I've ever listened to sexual assault if I'm honest. Are you ok?
Just for clarity: grabbing a girl's tit during an uninvited kiss is sexual assault. Just in case anyone a) thought it was ok b) they don't fancy signing a register.

IMO, the bit about getting scowled at for opening doors is plain bollocks - I do it daily, almost as chivelrously as FF would, and never get a dirty look. People are wilfully conflating different parts on sometimes different, sometimes the same scale.

That scale goes from grey to black (but doesn't include holding a door open for someone unless you're looking down their top) and, whilst I have sympathy with the downtrodden men who can't suppress their libido in the workplace, nobody is seriously suggesting flirtation should be banned. They're just saying you're fucking rubbish at it/a borderline sex case.