Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who'd want to be a young bloke on the pull these days?
(01-11-2018, 07:09 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: It's not as simple as not sexually assaulting someone. Offering to help or offering your seat on a bus is just as likely to get you a dirty look as it is a thank you.

We reached the stage a few years ago where you had to be careful if you wanted to help a child who looked alone and lost. Now you have to be really careful how you approach women even if your intentions are completely well-meaning. Not a pleasant atmosphere at all.

Yes, this.
Scary times to be a bloke.
(01-11-2018, 07:20 PM)spandaubaggie Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:09 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote: It's not as simple as not sexually assaulting someone. Offering to help or offering your seat on a bus is just as likely to get you a dirty look as it is a thank you.

We reached the stage a few years ago where you had to be careful if you wanted to help a child who looked alone and lost. Now you have to be really careful how you approach women even if your intentions are completely well-meaning. Not a pleasant atmosphere at all.

Yes, this.
Scary times to be a bloke.

No they aren't ffs!

(01-11-2018, 07:20 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:19 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

Really? Not my experience.

Give it time.

I'm pretty sure keeping a door open for someone won't become taboo any time soon.
Can we get a current young man-about-town's perspective on this please, Josh?
(01-11-2018, 07:34 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote: Can we get a current young man-about-town's perspective on this please, Josh?

His hand is currently considering pressing charges

(01-11-2018, 08:39 PM)King Astle Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:34 PM)Choronzonbaggie Wrote: Can we get a current young man-about-town's perspective on this please, Josh?

His hand is currently considering pressing charges

A lifetime of abuse...  Big Grin
(01-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm pretty sure keeping a door open for someone won't become taboo any time soon.

Funny you should say that, I held the door for someone the other day who gave me an aggressive look and said "what makes you think I need a man to hold a door for me?"

I should have thought of something witty to say, but just told the truth, which is "I'd hold the door for whoever. It doesn't matter that you're a woman".

I'm with DK on this one. It's a minefield.
Bratislava is still in the age of innocence.
I was thinking if I said half the stuff I say here in the UK or US I'd have been fired years ago.
Having said that the women give as much banter as they receive here but this politically correct crap is just crazy.
(01-11-2018, 08:45 PM)ASOGF Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 07:22 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: I'm pretty sure keeping a door open for someone won't become taboo any time soon.

Funny you should say that, I held the door for someone the other day who gave me an aggressive look and said "what makes you think I need a man to hold a door for me?"

I should have thought of something witty to say, but just told the truth, which is "I'd hold the door for whoever. It doesn't matter that you're a woman".

I'm with DK on this one. It's a minefield.

You walk PC streets I have never been down clearly.
I hold doors open for people and I've never had any negativity. Plenty of folk who don't say thanks but that's society for you. Most do say thanks. What sort of places do people get castigated for holding a door open for a fellow human being? I'm intrigued.
"Sniff this hanky" is very risky these days.